DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Case that holds prop guards

MassCoyote

Reactions
I’m looking for a hard or soft case that holds a Mini 2 AND the propeller guards. Any recommendations?

I’m looking for a hard or soft case that holds a Mini 2 AND the propeller guards. Any recommendations?
B52-D

It depends on the prop guards and how much gear you want to put in the case. I use an Apache 2800. I got it at Harbor Freight Tools for $23 (discounted). I use multiple layers in the case. including using the space behind the lid's padding. The basic cutout were from the internals of a Mini 1 case, but I had to get bigger when DJI changed to the brick shaped controller. If you're creative you can get reasonably sized prop guards in the 2800 easily. P.S. I failed to illustrate what's below the battery charging pack. There's more stuff underneath.

apache2800_CaseHack_sm.jpg

I found this other option at Amazon but the shipping time is too long.

That case looks like it would do the trick. What was needed when DJI changed the controller was a deeper case so the controller could be stood up rather than laid down. The thinner cases of this type for the Mini 1 were selling for less than $20. I suppose that it seems to be the first semi-hard case that's addressed the needed depth they could warrant charging more money. The long delivery time suggests its coming from China. That being the case I suspect there will be the same case marketed by others at a cheaper price once they can make them and get them over here for distribution.

That case looks like it would do the trick. What was needed when DJI changed the controller was a deeper case so the controller could be stood up rather than laid down. The thinner cases of this type for the Mini 1 were selling for less than $20. I suppose that it seems to be the first semi-hard case that's addressed the needed depth they could warrant charging more money. The long delivery time suggests its coming from China. That being the case I suspect there will be the same case marketed by others at a cheaper price once they can make them and get them over here for distribution.
Agree with you that it should come from China due to the longer shipping time, maybe Aliexpres ?

Agree with you that it should come from China due to the longer shipping time, maybe Aliexpres ?
It's hard to say, but I think they would want to have a larger quantity that would prohibit air service, so possibly coming by boat. OTOH, the high price might be reflective of premium shipping price, yet still slow by today's standards. $55 is a little pricey for a semi-hard case, especially since we know the smaller ones used to sell for less than $20.

FWIW my Apache 2800 actually still fits in my backpack when I need to carry it hands free.

It's hard to say, but I think they would want to have a larger quantity that would prohibit air service, so possibly coming by boat. OTOH, the high price might be reflective of premium shipping price, yet still slow by today's standards. $55 is a little pricey for a semi-hard case, especially since we know the smaller ones used to sell for less than $20.

FWIW my Apache 2800 actually still fits in my backpack when I need to carry it hands free.
Big backpack you have! I have an Apache 2800 too, but lately I'm carrying my Air 2S and my Mini 2 in this awesome hardshell backpack made for optical equipment.

I am thinking something like Apache case you can get from Harbor Freight. $64. Not sure if it is too big. Definitely take the guards and drone in. I may try and get one today and see how well it works.
1645888062489.png

I don’t have a suggested case, but a comment about the DJI prop guards for the Mini 2. They offer awesome protection from all sides & top & bottom - I can’t imagine a prop guard that could provide greater protection. However, when removed they are large & difficult to pack because they don’t separate into four pieces and the two sections don’t nest well. If you are using the DJI Mini 2 guards packing the drone with the guards mounted could take up a lot less space than carrying them separately if you can find a suitable case.

Howard

So I did go and buy the X-large Apache case. I was able to organize it to hold both my Mavic 3, Mini 2, all of the batteries, charging, ND filters, and tablet. For the price, pretty good case. The prop guards are definitely space consuming but worth it.

66760711898__817B2F18-7527-4410-ACCA-B65D21FF455D.jpeg

I absolutely love my case. I was $20 straight out of China. Semi hard so it’s not build to get dropped out of an airplane but plenty strong for everyday use. I have had this case for about 1.5 years now and it’s under extremely heavy use (everyday flights, mountain travel, airplane travel, etc…). A few things I really like about it are: it holds my drone (with propeller guard, gimbal protector, wireless charging chip, and wrap), controller, 2 extra batteries, first aid kit, license, screwdriver, extra control sticks and props, Velcro straps, sometimes a knife, and tons more. Another thing I love about this case is that you can take off and land straight onto it without any issues (I usually do case takeoff and hand landing).
Hope this helps! (Her is a link for the case I got)

Attachments

• 4BCAD121-46A9-486F-B798-2D9566C0E187.jpeg
    4BCAD121-46A9-486F-B798-2D9566C0E187.jpeg
    1,018 KB · Views: 3
  • A9030F19-6D81-4B72-A5FA-91EC6A097065.jpeg
    A9030F19-6D81-4B72-A5FA-91EC6A097065.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 59C74806-8189-4DE2-BF3F-8F498DB7E0C4.jpeg
    59C74806-8189-4DE2-BF3F-8F498DB7E0C4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 50EAB6C1-490C-40B8-AE86-BCA06D6B9C16.jpeg
    50EAB6C1-490C-40B8-AE86-BCA06D6B9C16.jpeg