DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Charging Hub chargeable in car?

zakeblack

Reactions
Hi,

I have been looking for car charger for the mini 2 (hopefully delivered today!) but unable to locate, looking on the website it shows a usb cable attached for the hub is this for charging mobile devices only or can i use this to charge the batteries in the car?

Thanks

Andrew

My thinking is, the normal charging is via USB cable and therefore must be able to work off minimum USB voltages, (5V?). Therefore any 12v -> USB charger should work i.e. a cigarette lighter socket USB charger.
That said, it seems the hub can draw on more the nominal? 5V USB voltage and 'fancy' mains (AC) chargers can supply this, so maybe some fancy 12VDC-> USB charger can too.
The one thing I would check is the current available from any 12V -> USB charger (normally this is in their specifications) AND, if a multi-gang extension is used, the total current draw being drawn from the cigarette lighter socket itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks already have one of those, its just arrived and can see that its just usb into the plug so will work fine in the car :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom