DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Charging Question

SkyInsight

Reactions
Can the batteries be charged too fast?? I'm asking this because it seems like my batteries are charging like abnormally quick. I haven't timed it but it does seem quick. I charge with a Motorola 10 watt wall charger.

they seem to be. i think they run out pretty quick but they have always done that i think

Why aren't you using the supplied DJI charging unit? It is designed especially for their intelligent batteries and yes, you can charge LiPos too quickly.
When charging a LiPo battery, always make sure you use a charger that is compatible. LiPos require a special charging method different from other NiMh/NiCad batteries ands the DJI charger is designed to meet this requirement.
They also need to be “balance charged”. That means each cell of the battery has to be charged evenly, i.e. the voltage has to be equalized across the cells.
If not, the battery can become unstable and pose a fire risk. To do this, you need to use the balance charging port on your LiPo battery.

thank you for the reply. I'm not using the supplied one because I didnt buy the the fly more pack. My box didnt come with a charger which is really stupid but anyways thank you. I'll end up buying one from DJI I guess.

I think the stock mini 2 charger is 18w. Mine is 10w that i'm charging with so I hope thats ok and I havent damaged them.

The Mini 2's 3 bay charging hub is rated up to 27w and will work off of USB-C PD bricks of almost any wattage. USB PD is smart in the sense where it will pick the most applicable profile to whatever it is connecting to.

That said, I use mine with a 18w PD charger and a 65w GaN USB-C PD charger and have zero issues with them pulling too much current or overcharging based on my calibrated USB-C meter. It generally uses the 9v@2A =18w or the 9v@3A = 27w profiles.

Reactions: SkyInsight

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03