DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 charging speed

dulcificum

Reactions
Does the Mini 2 charge at full speed inside the drone? What is the charging speed of 1 battery in the drone compared to in the hub?

Does the Mini 2 charge at full speed inside the drone? What is the charging speed of 1 battery in the drone compared to in the hub?
That would depend on what the status of the battery is when you go to charge it :) Ruffly about 2 hours with either for a fairly flat battery.

Last edited:
Using a plug in USB ammeter, same battery at 50% through the hub that charge current is 0.92 A, whilst through the drone its 0.68 A

Reactions: dulcificum
Plugging the Mini 2 directly into a USB QC3.0 charger the charge reading I'm getting is 12.2v @ 1.5A. I suppose I can take a reading later on with the battery charging bank. I've got two batteries right now at 66%, one currently charging so I can't really say how long it takes from a mostly depleted battery. If I have multiple batteries to charge and want to do it in a limited time, I have one or two in the battery bank and one in the drone so I know that I'm at least charging 2 batteries simultaneously as fast as they will charge. I also have two stand alone adapter from my Mini 2 which will fully charge the one Mini 1 battery I kept and charge the Mini 2 batteries to nearly full, but has a cutoff because they were designed for the Mini 1 battery formula.

Plugging the Mini 2 directly into a USB QC3.0 charger the charge reading I'm getting is 12.2v @ 1.5A. I suppose I can take a reading later on with the battery charging bank
That would be very useful. But for just one battery. And obviously from the same level.

Last edited:
QC can only work with one device at a time, as the charger negotiates the voltage with the device through small voltages on the data lines.

That would be very useful. But for just one battery.
[email protected] is 18w, which is what the charger that comes with the FMC is rated.
Some say the AC/hub can charge with as high as 27w with a capable charger. That would be 2.25A@12v.

Note though that as the battery gets charged, less current is delivered to the battery, so you won't see 1.5A drawn the entire time.

Reactions: dulcificum
Using a USB-C PD charger the drone charges at 27W. That takes about 45-60m for a full charge. I don't have the external charger, but I would guess it does the same (one battery at a time).

Using a USB-C PD charger the drone charges at 27W. That takes about 45-60m for a full charge. I don't have the external charger, but I would guess it does the same (one battery at a time).
That's great! So direct in the drone it can handle 27W with PD? Thanks.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Yes, I have a meter and have confirmed it multiple times. It's approximately 1.8A at 15V. Obviously you need a PD charger that will support 27W or more.
Interesting. DJI specs show info about the 18w charger, but nothing on what the AC/hub can accept to charge the battery. I'm surprised they will take 15v.

The user manual for the hub does say to use QC or PD compatible charger, which would make sure charger and hub agree on accepted voltage, but manual doesn't say what voltages it could negotiate.

I have a 30w QC charger that goes up to 12v@2A with the other port 5v for Ismart.

Last edited:
Interesting. DJI specs show info about the 18w charger, but nothing on what the AC/hub can accept to charge the battery. I'm surprised they will take 15v.
I don't know about the hub either (as I don't have one). But I'm guessing it will be the same as the drone. Lately the quick charging technologies (QC and PD) are playing better with each other. For once it's better than advertised!

I don't know the Mini but the Spark charge time thru the USB port was 1hour 20 minutes. They later introduced the hub with the charging time for three batteries being 1 hour 30 minutes.

just got my new M2, all 3 batteries were flat, been on charge now ,all 3 in the supplied hub, been on charge for 5 hours and 2 full, 1 showing 2 lights so I recon just under 2.1/2 hours each.

So a QC3.0 powerbank is fine (18W) but a PD is even better? More watt?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke