DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 controller battery

teccer

Reactions
I charge my mini 2 controller, when it's fully charged I get the 4 lights but after just one 20 minute flight it's already gone down to 3 lights, is this normal?
I can only think that it's obiously not fully charged after a flight so it's dropped down to 3 lights, if so how long before it drops down to 2 lights?
TIA Ray

I agree with @Saladshooter. My Mini2 controller battery is good for multiple flights and I've never seen it below 3 lights unless I'm charging my phone at the same time. You should contact DJI support. If it needs exchanging you'll want to do that before the good spring weather sets in.

Reactions: Thomas B
so next question is how do you open the controller to replace the battery.
and is there anyway to stop the controller charging my tablet when it's connected?
I try to have my tablet fully charged but sometimes forget

Hello Ray:

I don't know if you can replace the controller's battery, but the tablet/phone charging can be disabled in the settings. I think it's under the "control" tab.

Howard

You can only disable charging with iOS, if you've got an android device it'll always charge and that drain is pretty normal.

Also I believe that was only in GO4, not in FLY.

Last edited:
Hello Ray:

I don't know if you can replace the controller's battery, but the tablet/phone charging can be disabled in the settings. I think it's under the "control" tab.

Howard
sorry I couldn't find anyway to turn off tablet charging anywhere in the app 1.3.0

You can only disable charging with iOS, if you've got an android device it'll always charge and that drain is pretty normal.
thanks for that info, so what your saying is that because the controller is charging my samsung tab A 8 (android) the drain I mentioned will be normal, if that's the case then I'll have to make sure my tablet is always fully charged.
many thanks
Ray

so next question is how do you open the controller to replace the battery.
and is there anyway to stop the controller charging my tablet when it's connected?
I try to have my tablet fully charged but sometimes forget
I would surmise that if you open the controller you'll void the warranty. If it needs replacing send it in. The Mini 2's have only been in circulation since November so it would be unusual if that controller did not have warranty coverage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair