DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Customizable button.

OldGuy

Reactions
I want to try the customizable button the next time I fly the Mini 2. So far I have only used it to tilt the camera downwards. I hope to be able to use it to control the zoom feature the next time I fly. Does any one know if there are other feature that can be tied into it? Any help much appreciated.

I think you may be able to program it to toggle back and forth between the map view or live view. It’s the same remote and app that are use for the mavic air 2, so I am doing a bit of assuming. Go into the ‘control’ screen part of the app, scroll down ‘button customization’.

I've seen mention of being able to change what it does but I can't find that option on my android phone. I think it may (currently) only be possible on IoS.

I hope to be able to use it to control the zoom feature the next time I fly. Does any one know if there are other feature that can be tied into it?
That won't be possible unless DJI adds that as one of the options in a future software update.

To control your zoom, press and hold the mode button and then use the gimbal wheel to zoom in and out.
Thanks. I read that in the manual but have yet to try it.

Hi René,

Don't understand which button you call "mode button"? Are we talking about the RC or the app-screen?
On the controller its the Fn button. Hold that in while using the gimbal wheel to control the zoom. Zoom is only available in video. You can also control the zoom in the DJI Fly app while flying.

I’ve just flown the Mini 2 from the garden as it’s a nice evening. Got the zoom to work in video mode by holding the Fn (Customization) button and using the gimbal wheel. Nice and smooth depending on your touch. However couldn’t toggle between the map and live view due (I suppose) to the fact that it’s only available at present on iOS devices and not Android according to nathankw.

Love the mini 2. I also still have a phantom 3 advanced and would love to see an option to adjust the camera's exposure setting with the dial on the mini like the phantom. Very convenient.

Love the mini 2. I also still have a phantom 3 advanced and would love to see an option to adjust the camera's exposure setting with the dial on the mini like the phantom. Very convenient.
Agree. Even with the M2 series the right wheel has no press in function like on the P3A/P.

The Fn button can only be used to toggle between map/camera view and re-center the gimbal. You can also hold it and use the gimbal wheel to Zoom in and out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom