DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Downgrade and CIA Jeep Doors DID Software

flyerbob123

Reactions
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I hope I am putting this in the right place.

As a background, I have a mini 2 that is currently on the most recent firmware update. I want to disable drone ID using the CIA jeep doors program. I am aware that my current firmware version will not work with the CIA jeep doors disable feature and I am also aware that the dji fly app on IOS will reenable drone ID.

I am looking for a few pieces of information so I can get this going, any help would be appriciated. I have the DJI assistant software and I am able to downgrade firmware through it but only the previous version shows up. Does anyone know what is the last firmware version that will work with the CIA jeep doors dissable command and if so, does anyone know how to get that firmware and downgrade the drone to that? I assume I would need to find that firmware version out there somewhere and then maybe import it into the DJI Assistant 2 sofware somehow so I can then put it onto the drone? Is what I am asking for information on how to do even really possible?

Thank you all and any input on this is very much appricated.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I want to disable drone ID
I do not know if you are confusing the Mini 2s normal communication between itself and the controller and Remote Identification. Your Mini 2 does not and will not transmit Remote Identification. And any further action on your part to restrict or eliminate identifying information sounds a bit nefarious…

As said above your drone has no RID so what would you like to do with jeep doors?. My suggestion to you would be GETHUB or the Hacking forums. If you are indeed wanting info on how to disable RID I am afraid that information could be considered a conspiracy to commit a crime in the U.S. As for the downgrade problem GETHUB also

cafguy and loudthunder. I am looking to disable Drone ID NOT Remote ID. The dji mini2 along with most other dji drones have drone ID and have for quite some time now. Drone ID does not have the same legal requirements tied to it that remote ID does. It is similar in that it broadcasts your drones and your information but it is not the same.

Thanks

As said above your drone has no RID so what would you like to do with jeep doors?. My suggestion to you would be GETHUB or the Hacking forums. If you are indeed wanting info on how to disable RID I am afraid that information could be considered a conspiracy to commit a crime in the U.S. As for the downgrade problem GETHUB also
Cafguy,

I keep getting the following error msg whenever I try GetHub.com:

This site can’t be reached​

Respectfully, are you sure it's not 'GitHub.com' instead of GetHub.com?

- Jack
(a newbie)

• Wow
I am looking to disable Drone ID NOT Remote ID.
The DJI Mini 2 as well as the other Mini Series use the Aeroscope communication protocols. The Controller only transmits the control signals (roll, pitch, and yaw), the gimbal and camera settings, and other things like: launch, return to home, land, and various parameters of flight (RTH altitude, max altitude and range), speed (Cine, Normal, and Sport), and some more sundry stuff…

The Drone is communicating much more back to the controller, it's speed, its altitude, its distance from home point, its orientation, it's battery strength, remaining flight time, the camera imagery, and some more…

So, what information do you want to eliminate? You do not want someone/some agency to know where you are, how high you are, how fast you are, etc…

Kevin and Karen cannot track you since are not transmitting on any Wi-Fi frequency. Aeroscope systems and similar detection systems are exceedingly expensive (so your neighbors are not going to have a system…) and are particularly sensitive and can pick up the Mini 2's Occusinc signal for 50-miles or more, so where are you trying to discreetly fly around or who?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

The DJI Mini 2 as well as the other Mini Series use the Aeroscope communication protocols. The Controller only transmits the control signals (roll, pitch, and yaw), the gimbal and camera settings, and other things like: launch, return to home, land, and various parameters of flight (RTH altitude, max altitude and range), speed (Cine, Normal, and Sport), and some more sundry stuff…

The Drone is communicating much more back to the controller, it's speed, its altitude, its distance from home point, its orientation, it's battery strength, remaining flight time, the camera imagery, and some more…

So, what information do you want to eliminate? You do not want someone/some agency to know where you are, how high you are, how fast you are, etc…

Kevin and Karen cannot track you since are not transmitting on any Wi-Fi frequency. Aeroscope systems and similar detection systems are exceedingly expensive (so your neighbors are not going to have a system…) and are particularly sensitive and can pick up the Mini 2's Occusinc signal for 50-miles or more, so where are you trying to discreetly fly around or who?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

LoudThunder and anyone else interested/curious,

I would like to point you towards the CIA Jeep Doors Github (GitHub - MAVProxyUser/CIAJeepDoors) for answers you questions around why someone may want to go ahead with Drone ID elimination.

Reactions: waynorth
Github lol sorry and was just sayin about RID not saying that's the reasons you are asking once again perhaps the hacking forums wish I could help further.

If your Mini 2 has firmware 1.05.00 or newer it is not possible to downgrade the firmware, as the anti rollback was raised in that firmware.
I understand why you want to use CIA Jeep Doors (it works on my Mavic 2 drones), but it may not be possible if you have the latest firmware.
(fun fact: CIA Jeep Doors is an anagram of DJI Aeroscope....)

Reactions: flyerbob123
You'll need to downgrade the firmware with the drone hacks software, then do the jeepdors and then fly with an old version of the DJI Fly App or else it will just reactivate itself.

IMO if you have the Mini 2, the best thing you can do is just update it to the latest 01.07.0200, use the permanent hack, unlock geofencing, unlock the alt limit, and forget about Aeroscope/RID because chances that someone gets you with those are really low.

Reactions: flyerbob123
for answers you questions around why someone may want to go ahead with Drone ID elimination.
I am sorry but after reviewing your reference to "CIA Jeep Doors Github" I still think it is for Nefarious reasons. I've know people who do not have any credit cards or even a checking account and only pay in cash and a few who worked for business that only pay by direct deposit and they were so paranoid that they had their checks deposited into a relatives account (mother's or grandmothe's), and the strange thing I noted was that they had no qualms about throwing their relatives under the preverbal bus…

And there are a few who have sold their RID enabled drones and bought older, non-compliant drones. When asked what they would do if the FAA caught them, they usual response is that they live out in very rural areas so they feel safe flying a compliant drone. I would ask them, if there is so little chance that the FAA will ever be in their area, why are they so worried about RID? At that point, the language usually gets a bit "salty…"

I am sorry but after reviewing your reference to "CIA Jeep Doors Github" I still think it is for Nefarious reasons. I've know people who do not have any credit cards or even a checking account and only pay in cash and a few who worked for business that only pay by direct deposit and they were so paranoid that they had their checks deposited into a relatives account (mother's or grandmothe's), and the strange thing I noted was that they had no qualms about throwing their relatives under the preverbal bus…

And there are a few who have sold their RID enabled drones and bought older, non-compliant drones. When asked what they would do if the FAA caught them, they usual response is that they live out in very rural areas so they feel safe flying a compliant drone. I would ask them, if there is so little chance that the FAA will ever be in their area, why are they so worried about RID? At that point, the language usually gets a bit "salty…"
Its not. Sorry you feel this way.

If your Mini 2 has firmware 1.05.00 or newer it is not possible to downgrade the firmware, as the anti rollback was raised in that firmware.
I understand why you want to use CIA Jeep Doors (it works on my Mavic 2 drones), but it may not be possible if you have the latest firmware.
(fun fact: CIA Jeep Doors is an anagram of DJI Aeroscope....)
You'll need to downgrade the firmware with the drone hacks software, then do the jeepdors and then fly with an old version of the DJI Fly App or else it will just reactivate itself.

IMO if you have the Mini 2, the best thing you can do is just update it to the latest 01.07.0200, use the permanent hack, unlock geofencing, unlock the alt limit, and forget about Aeroscope/RID because chances that someone gets you with those are really low.
Great information, thank you both.
So it looks like I may be able to downgrade the firmware through the drone hacks software even if I am above firmware version 1.05.00?
I need to do more looking into the drone hacks software and maybe try to find a drone hacking forum.

DARKSeifer,
Not sure what the "permanent hack" or the other hacks you mention really do or what they entail. Is there any reason one would need to be on the latest software to use them? Or say if I downgraded to whatever is needed for CIA Jeep Doors could I also apply them on that firmware version?

• Wow
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne