DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Firmware Upgrade Problems

Crewsn1

Reactions
Upgraded the Firmware to the new version (Android) and when I performed the preflight checks and recalibrated the compass as requested, performed lift off and checked controls, I noticed I could not rotate in either direction. I could ascend and descend and move backward and forward but I could turn or rotate at all. Landed back down and done a few more checks but could not find anything that would cause this. Can anybody help or explain what is going on? Is this a firmware issue? Thanks!

What's the current firmware installed on the drone (will be listed in the app settings on the about tab), and are there any warnings on top of the screen? Did you also check to see if there was a firmware for the controller itself (will usually show up on the main screen of the Fly App before you get into the "Go Fly" button).

Have you tried calibrating the RC (remote controller) itself?

Upgraded the Firmware to the new version (Android) and when I performed the preflight checks and recalibrated the compass as requested, performed lift off and checked controls, I noticed I could not rotate in either direction. I could ascend and descend and move backward and forward but I could turn or rotate at all. Landed back down and done a few more checks but could not find anything that would cause this. Can anybody help or explain what is going on? Is this a firmware issue? Thanks!
Are you in Safety Flight Mode ?

Thanks for the responses! Firmware was Version 1.2.2 for Android and there is no update for the controller that I'm aware of at this time. This was just the latest firmware for the DJI Fly App. However, after some more checks and trouble shooting, I found the cause. I had previously viewed a You Tube Channel for setting up the Mini 2 Gimbal Settings for Cinematic Footage and changed those settings accordingly. After checking the settings again, I found that I had the incorrect Yaw Speed settings thus causing the drone to not turn or rotate. Reset it and all works fine. It was not a Firmware issue! Thanks for all the responses and help!

1.2.2 is djy fly application, not the firmware, the firmware update you will see when the drone and controller are connected together

Reactions: The General
Thanks for the responses! Firmware was Version 1.2.2 for Android and there is no update for the controller that I'm aware of at this time. This was just the latest firmware for the DJI Fly App. However, after some more checks and trouble shooting, I found the cause. I had previously viewed a You Tube Channel for setting up the Mini 2 Gimbal Settings for Cinematic Footage and changed those settings accordingly. After checking the settings again, I found that I had the incorrect Yaw Speed settings thus causing the drone to not turn or rotate. Reset it and all works fine. It was not a Firmware issue! Thanks for all the responses and help!
Good trouble shooting and feedback

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc