DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 flying time extended?

Fuzbi

Reactions
Hi

I will buy Mini 2 soon but those 28-30 minutes of flying time and changing battery is not so cool because I will be recording soccer games. Can the flying time be extended if your Mini 2 is located in 1 place only lets say 10 meters from the ground not going anywhere? It should but did anyone test this yet?

Thank you

Fuzbi

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Unfortunately hovering isn't the most energy conserving way of being airborne, the motors will alone constantly take the most in order to fight gravity.

According to the user manual this is the absolute max you can expect ... & that is most probably to a battery level of or near 0%.

1612779328171.pngThat moving forward is more energy conserving is that creates a bit of uplift ...

Usually real life battery times is much shorter counting in different wind speeds, gusts, correct battery handling not going under minimum 15% & how you control it ... would say that you will have around 25min air times with fresh batteries in average if pushing it & not just hovering.

Hi,
With one drone you cannot get 45 min of footage, but with 2... but I believe constant buzzing of a drone might be strongly annoying to the players and the referee. If there are any buildings around try to just make a video with a proper camera from there if you need whole match in one take. And BTW, most of the devices (DJI's included) can do in one take only 30 minutes of video. You need a real HD/4K video camera to get more.

Cheers.

Hi,
With one drone you cannot get 45 min of footage, but with 2... but I believe constant buzzing of a drone might be strongly annoying to the players and the referee. If there are any buildings around try to just make a video with a proper camera from there if you need whole match in one take. And BTW, most of the devices (DJI's included) can do in one take only 30 minutes of video. You need a real HD/4K video camera to get more.

Cheers.
I agree with your assessment for the most part however with crowd noise the mini wouldn't be too annoying for most. I would definitely clear its use with both teams and the ref before using it..... plus make the video available to both for goodwill but I could see some specific situations where it might be useful.... coaching footage, better camera angle etc.

Also the OP has to remember that you can't operate over people without everyone in attendance being aware of what you are doing, plus there is plenty of danger in doing so..... I would keep it back a good distance from any crowd and still you will have to deal with quite a bit of curiosity and possible animosity.

I agree with your assessment for the most part however with crowd noise the mini wouldn't be too annoying for most. I would definitely clear its use with both teams and the ref before using it..... plus make the video available to both for goodwill but I could see some specific situations where it might be useful.... coaching footage, better camera angle etc.

Also the OP has to remember that you can't operate over people without everyone in attendance being aware of what you are doing, plus there is plenty of danger in doing so..... I would keep it back a good distance from any crowd and still you will have to deal with quite a bit of curiosity and possible animosity.
You do know you are not allowed to fly over large crowds ? And you would be lucky to get 25 minutes total time while videoing Not sure where DJI gets their times from .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31