DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal, no Yaw

slozukimc

Reactions
Hi. I have a Mini 2 that the gimbal does not move left and right when turning on resulting in a gimbal stuck error. I replaced the ribbon cable with no improvement.

What next?

Thanks, Mike

Ditto.
There is a circuit board at the top of the gimbal that, I think, note think, drives the yaw motor but I have yet to work out how to get at either the board or the motor.
I am hoping to find a really broken up gimbal assembly to literally cut apart so that I can find out how the gimbal motors and this board may be removed and changed etc..
HOWEVER, even if this board does drive the yaw motor and it is faulty, there is a risk that the board or the motor is paired to something in the drone. Something in the entire gimbal/camera assembly IS apparently paired 'to the drone' and if, whatever that is, is replaced, the 'new' gimbal/camera assembly needs to be paired again with the drone and that, unfortunately, is not a DIY job.

What happened to the drone prior to the problem arising?
In my case it has obviously been crashed, I bought it as such.

Ditto.
There is a circuit board at the top of the gimbal that, I think, note think, drives the yaw motor but I have yet to work out how to get at either the board or the motor.
I am hoping to find a really broken up gimbal assembly to literally cut apart so that I can find out how the gimbal motors and this board may be removed and changed etc..
HOWEVER, even if this board does drive the yaw motor and it is faulty, there is a risk that the board or the motor is paired to something in the drone. Something in the entire gimbal/camera assembly IS apparently paired 'to the drone' and if, whatever that is, is replaced, the 'new' gimbal/camera assembly needs to be paired again with the drone and that, unfortunately, is not a DIY job.

What happened to the drone prior to the problem arising?
In my case it has obviously been crashed, I bought it as such.
The previous owner had the props on the wrong sides and it was doing backflips. Lol

Mike

Ooops, mine flies and the camera works but I can't remember if the pitch works in flight. It does do its 'dance' at boot.

Ooops, mine flies and the camera works but I can't remember if the pitch works in flight. It does do its 'dance' at boot.
Mine flies fine. I love “bombing around” the yard and around stuff with it just to see if I can. 🙄😉. Video feed is fine too. Sometimes I can fiddle around and get the gimbal to work in everything but the left and right but most times it just hangs out there and flops in the wind. I am about to just glue it in place and call it good for a scout drone in the creeks. 😀. Maybe I will just leave the gimbal cover on, seal up all of the holes with silicone and play in the snow with it when it comes.

Mike

Maybe double check your not in fpv mode, you want follow mode

The previous owner had the props on the wrong sides and it was doing backflips. Lol

Mike
Nothing like following instructions. I've seen several illustrations of which prop goes where. The "lines" at the connection point are obvious. I've only had to replace one prop so far (a crash while I was flying WITHOUT the prop guard broke one prop and chipped two more. They seem to be working fine.) One thing that worried me was the resistance to screwing in a new shoulder screw with the new blade. I finally realize it was that way to ensure that the screws would not come loose.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000