DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal Part caused jam. Now looking for a replacement part?

COZWV

Reactions
Bought my Niece (And myself :)) new Mavic Mini 2 Drones. She was getting a gimble error and this is what we found. (No crashes or otherwise hard landings) It's a small cover that goes on the back of the gimble and it has two little tabs that hold it on place. One of them was damaged by the factory during assembly and it allowed the piece to come out enough to jam the gimble causing the error. Once removed it works fine.

So I am hoping that maybe someone may have a crashed one that they could sell me that little part? Or does anyone think DJI would send a small part like that. Hate to think you'd have to ship the Drone to them for a 5 second repair.

Attached are pics of the part and where it came off of.
Gimble back.jpgCover3.jpgCover1.jpgCover2.jpg

Have you tried the DJI forum they could let you know? DJI do have peeps watching that forum?

Otherwise it would be from a crashed drone :-(

Reactions: COZWV
Tried the DJI Forum and DJI Support. They turned me down. Want me to ship the Drone to them. Shame it has to be this complicated for a tiny little piece that can be snapped right on in seconds. I am just going to return the Drone to Best Buy and get a new one.

Tried the DJI Forum and DJI Support. They turned me down. Want me to ship the Drone to them. Shame it has to be this complicated for a tiny little piece that can be snapped right on in seconds. I am just going to return the Drone to Best Buy and get a new one.
youll pay a 15% restocking fee to return to best buy... have you tried ebay?

You don't pay restocking if there's a defect AFAIK, and there is one.
I agree. Returning it because it is broken and not by anything I did. Pieces just falling off on their own. :oops:

Returned the Drone to BestBuy and exchanged it for a new one. No hassles at all. Happy customer!

I've just had EXACTLY the same issue - no crashes involved - just an inability to calibrate all of a sudden. I had a close look at the gimbal and that piece of plastic just fell off!

Sending it back to Amazon. Couple of week old :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat