DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 issue gimbal in rth when decrease the height

WooZie

Reactions
Hi all, did anyone notice when is in RTH and decrease the altitude, the gimbal jumps to the right and imediately recenter every second? I saw on many videos this issue, even mine, but only when its decreased the altitude, if I dont touch any stick, it does not happens
here is an example
another example, not mine

Last edited:
i put the video exactly when he decrease the altitude when it is in RTH, exatly 11:59 and the first one 12:25

the second one is not mine, just only the first one, if you see on the second one, that guy has all informations on the screen
I also have 2 friends with mini 2 that they have exactly the same jumpings on RTH
this is the log
the log is incomplete, it only has around 9 min, i dont know why, maybe the app or firmware had issue on saving the full log

Last edited:
the second one is not mine, just only the first one, if you see on the second one, that guy has all informations on the screen
I also have 2 friends with mini 2 that they have exactly the same jumpings on RTH
this is the log
the log is incomplete, it only has around 9 min, i dont know why, maybe the app or firmware had issue on saving the full log
Unfortunately the truncated log file does not capture the said problem. Can you check if the .DAT log file is available ? The file name should end with "FLY050".

Ways to get the file : How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

nope, i don't have it, i think after the file is uploaded to dji, then disappears from my phone
but what can you say about the second video? It sees clearly that guy only decreases the altitude, not put the stick to the right, i assume that is what you want to see, right?

nope, i don't have it, i think after the file is uploaded to dji, then disappears from my phone
but what can you say about the second video? It sees clearly that guy only decreases the altitude, not put the stick to the right, i assume that is what you want to see, right?
In fact I have see this on my Mini also. In my case the log clearly shows that it was caused by the craft yawing without any rudder input. I have tried to reproduce the problem but failed.

1610110625468.png

I am not sure what the cause is but it can be due to the prop flexing resulting in change in drag. If the change is unsymmetrical, the craft will yaw and may also tilt which has been seen in some cases. When the craft is descending, the propellers will hit more of the turbulence they produce so the force exerting on the propeller blades will vary more. May be that will prompt the occurence of unsymmetrical flexing ?

May be you can replace the propellers and see if it helps .

Reactions: WooZie
no my friend, the problem is from the first flight when i get out the drone from the box, i already told you i have 2 friends with mini 2 and they have the same problem, now i found that video that shows the same thing, i can't believe that all the props are bad...sorry, but i think the issue comes from the firmware, because it is present from the first version of firmware
And one more thing, the props are not flexing like the mini 1, they are more solid
LE: Don't forget this is happening ONLY in RTH, not in the other modes, if would have been the props, the issue would have appeared in all modes, right?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112