DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Lurches forward on takeoff- and Cine Smooth not so much

Maybe you should just train a bit to be more gentle on the controls.
Seriously? Part of the exercise of flying indoors is exactly for that. If the stick response isn't smooth then no amount of training is going to fix that.

How come I can fly my mini2 indoors just fine even in sport mode then? A lot of people bang the sticks almost like they were on/off switches initially, but with some training they usually pretty quickly get it that they're proportional for a reason and you can do very small movements...

Props are onlya few days old and in pristine condition. No crashes and minimal flying time. I did inspect them for any damage but didn't see or feel any.
Well then, don't change them because they're certainly not defective.

:rolleyes:

Seriously? Part of the exercise of flying indoors is exactly for that. If the stick response isn't smooth then no amount of training is going to fix that.
Untrue.

Not that any of your difficulties are trivial. It is simply the case that practice (training) WILL improve your control in any environment. Period. You're just not willing to make the investment of time for the return you're going to get.

If you wanted to, you could train yourself to fly indoors in Sport mode, with tiny stick movements. It's not about the drone, it's about the pilot.

My MM2 doesn't misbehave on takeoff like yours does. It goes straight up. But then, I don't have any extra stuff on it.

As an engineer, I can't support you're trouble-shooting methodology. It's more theory than experiment, which is bass-ackwards. For example, when suggested you swap the rear props to see if there was a problem, you refused on the basis of them being new, barely used, visually inspected, etc.

Okay. That's good enough for you, carry on. Changing them out would have been my first step. I'm a pretty smart guy, but real experience is, well, ALWAYS smarter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada