DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 panorama pics no exposure lock....

I have noticed on my Mini 2 that there is no exposure lock when taking panorama pics...Is this normal?
Not really sure what you are talking about. I have a Mini 2 in addition to my Mavic 2 Pro. When doing panoramas on the mini 2, I do everything manually.

1. Put your drone up in the air, in photo mode, and turn on the grid view.
2. Set all settings manually including exposure and white balance. Shoot in RAW.
3. Take three shots with a 30% overlap using the left stick. The first shot is in the left 1/3 of the grid, the 2nd shot is in the middle of the grid, and the final shot is in the right 1/3rd of the grid. It is even better to do 4 shots between the left and right grid with a 30 overlap.
4. Up load the 4 shots from your SD card to your photo processing software. I use Photoshop. You can also use Lightroom.
5. In Photoshop, go to the top, Filter/CameraRAW filter/Camera RAW
6. Select all 3 or 4 images (CTRL+A)
7. right click on any one of the images/Merge to Panorama

and follow the prompts from there.

Dale
Miami
Filter:Camera RAW filter.jpgFilter:Camera RAW filter.jpg

Reactions: thewhoosh
Thanks for your reply. I was referring to panorama mode on the mini 2....where you select sphere, 180, wide angle etc. For example if I want to take a sphere panorama and hit the sphere button, in every frame as the gimbal is moving around the exposure changes and no way to actually lock it.....

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to panorama mode on the mini 2....where you select sphere, 180, wide angle etc. For example if I want to take a sphere panorama and hit the sphere button, in every frame as the gimbal is moving around the exposure changes and no way to actually lock it.....
Frankly, I am not sure, but if you lock the exposure, you will most certainly have to shoot both high and low light or perhaps even into the sun. The wide High Dynamic Range of the spherical exposure might cause large areas of overexposure or underexposure, so if I had a choice I would use the auto exposure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman