DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 photo question

DroneCT

Reactions
Just started flying my Mini 2 and love it....I do have an SD card inserted and when I take pics I notice there are 2 of every pic on my iPhone camera....one pic looks a little brighter or sharper than the other.
what’s the drone camera doing? Taking 2 pics? How would I keep the better one or better yet just have the app keep the better one.
Thanks

Just started flying my Mini 2 and love it....I do have an SD card inserted and when I take pics I notice there are 2 of every pic on my iPhone camera....one pic looks a little brighter or sharper than the other.
what’s the drone camera doing? Taking 2 pics? How would I keep the better one or better yet just have the app keep the better one.
Thanks
Hello, Are you set up to take RAW and jpg in settings? This will produce a jpg and RAW(*.dng) file for each snapshot you take.

Just checked.....I do have it on both, so your right, I thought I had it on JPEG..So how do I know which one is the jpeg and which is the raw pic?

Just checked.....I do have it on both, so your right, I thought I had it on JPEG..So how do I know which one is the jpeg and which is the raw pic?

the raw file has a .dng type.
suggest you change in camera settings to only JPG.

have fun and safe flying!

I am relatively new to the Mini 2 as well. But off the top of my head I would suggest the brighter/sharper looking of the two pics will be the jpg. With the SD card loaded to a PC it is very easy to tell by the file extension, not sure how you do it on the app though.

They are probably both jpg.
Your phone probably isn't going to be able to display a raw image.
You would have to post the images to have someone tell any more about them.

Raw images are the highest quality. For serious photography they are the recommended choice.

Reactions: fguthrie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki