DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Questions - RC Battery & Warranty

Wumpus_NJ

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi everyone,
Apologies for the long post and several questions posted below.

Just bought a new (to me) Mini 2 Fly More Combo. Very low usage (2 or less charges on each of the 3 batteries).

AC was tested before purchase and it flew fine. Used the AC quite a bit yesterday to get acquainted with its features & handling (I already own Phantom 3 Pro). Ran down all 3 batteries. No issues at all.

This morning, I noticed that the RC only had 1 solid and 1 blinking green LED. So, I plugged it in for re-charging. Within 20 minutes, all lights were off. When I powered-up the RC, still seeing only 1 solid and 1 blinking green LED. Same situation when I connect to the AC.

First question -- can the situation with the RC LEDs be due to an available firmware upgrade (getting message of available FW upgrade when I connect to the AC), or likely an issue with one (or both) of the batteries in the RC?

Second question -- is there anything I can do to troubleshoot/diagnose the issue?

Third question -- is the warranty on the RC available to me as I am not the original purchaser?

Also, the original purchaser bought DJI Refresh, but never bound it to the AC. Based on what I've read online, once I bind the AC to my account, the Refresh is available to me. Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance for info that you can share.

When you connect the RC to a charger for how long do the lights flash before they go out?
I have a controller, bought as not charging, and it too will not charge beyond two lights, however the charging stops within maybe 20 seconds of it being connected to the charger.
I thought the USB socket might have a dodgy connection but the controller talks to the computer, via the relevant assistant 2, just fine. The solder points are BEYOND miniscule.
I very much doubt that a firmware upgrade being available has anything to do with the problem. The interesting question is might it cure it?

In the mean time I opened the controller and charged the cells directly using a 3.7V toy drone charger. There are two batteries, in parallel, in the controller. I disconnected one, charged it then reconnected it and repeated the process with the other.
It would simplify matters if I thought I could charge them without disconnecting them from the main board but I am wary of applying the output of a charger to the mainboard at those connection points.

If you are considering approaching DJI then the above approach is not open to you.

If it is within the warranty period and if the warranty transfers to you then this is possibly a warranty issue and should be investigated as such BEFORE deciding to tell them to use a care refresh (if the care refresh transfers to you).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dronut
@ PhiliusFoggg - thanks for response & suggestions.

Looks like I have found the problem -- a bad USB-c charging cable!!

I was just sitting and looking at the charger/cable/RC and thinking it was strange that the cable was white when the other 3 cables for connecting the RC to phone were black. Seller swears it is the original cable, but a close look at the connectors shows that they are nowhere near new.

So I grabbed another USB-c cable, re-connected the charger and 30 minutes later the third LED started blinking!

I tried the white USB-c cable to charge my phone and no-go....so in the trash it will go!

Thanks again @PhiliusFoggg !!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone