DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 , Rotates on descent

TOMMY B

Reactions
Taxes paid Too: Brewster, New York Mini 2
I'm newbie , after flying my my Mini 2 a few times and trying get more comfortable with it I have noticed on my descents it wants to rotate in a Counter clock wise rotation slowly. Is this normal ? Or a issue with its software possibly ?

Attachments

• Resized_Photo_6553603_DJI_3_jpg_4351765_0_2020119161422_photo_original.jpeg
    Resized_Photo_6553603_DJI_3_jpg_4351765_0_2020119161422_photo_original.jpeg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 38
I'm newbie , after flying my my Mini 2 a few times and trying get more comfortable with it I have noticed on my descents it wants to rotate in a Counter clock wise rotation slowly. Is this normal ? Or a issue with its software possibly ?
Rather than recalibrating your joysticks without knowing the cause of the rotation, iIf you post flight data from a flight where you observed this, it will be a simple matter to see if the left stick was pulled straight back or if there was any left-wise component in your stick input.

To do that ...
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file.

In the fly app go to "profile" and then tap the More> button at bottom left of screen. and you'll get a log of your past flights. Tap on one of the flights where you had the rotation on descent happening and switch on the stick position overlay (button on right side of screen that, err, looks like a stick). You can scroll along to the point in the flight where you descended and rotated - have a look to see if you're accidentally pulling the stick a bit to the side as well as down.

For a far more in-detail analysis follow @Meta4 's advice in post #4.

Update : Ok, Last flight everything was working 100% right ! No rotation issues at all on multiple decents. Maybe it was just a one off event. I appreciate everyone's input about possible items to be o. The look out for.

Attachments

• Resized_Photo_6553609_DJI_9_jpg_4148434_0_2020111012232_photo_original.jpeg
    Resized_Photo_6553609_DJI_9_jpg_4148434_0_2020111012232_photo_original.jpeg
    949.7 KB · Views: 12
Could be the wind. I noticed it today but I was flying in strong wind... strong for the Mini2 anyway.

The only way a wind could make a drone rotate would be to fly inside a twister.
That’s the only thing I could think of. Been flying my MP for the past 2 years and never experienced this before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark