DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 SDK

Now that it looks like the Mini 2 SDK will be available in Jan what does that mean in terms of using Litchi?

My main interest is being able to have FPV and waypoints, but are these likely to be available?
Litchi will support the Mini 2 soon after the SDK releases. With Litchi you will have FPV and waypoints. Waypoints / Mission planning will be limited a little bit because it will be a software solution giving the commands from the App, not from within the aircraft. This means that if the Mini 2 loses signal, it won't be able to continue the mission and will initiate RTH.

Litchi will support the Mini 2 soon after the SDK releases. With Litchi you will have FPV and waypoints. Waypoints / Mission planning will be limited a little bit because it will be a software solution giving the commands from the App, not from within the aircraft. This means that if the Mini 2 loses signal, it won't be able to continue the mission and will initiate RTH.
Thanks you for the swift response. I'll probably purchase the App as soon as it's available and no doubt have lots of questions to ask.

Pete

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Thanks you for the swift response. I'll probably purchase the App as soon as it's available and no doubt have lots of questions to ask.

Pete
Yeah I was going to wait until the SDK come out for our MM2 and then buy the (LIT. APP) but I just went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought it for ($24.99) on the Google Play Store and now I can't wait until it gets here because it's going to make our "AWESOME LIL' MAVIC MINI 2 DRONE STR8-UP BADAZZ!!!". So I will be staying tuned here for the update of letting me know from you guys that it's on!!! You Guys are Awesome and Thank You All for your help with everything I have needed and God Bless You Always and Forever Sincerely Clay B.

On the other hand, it's really illegal in most countries to continue a mission after you've lost contact.

Reactions: Saladshooter
On the other hand, it's really illegal in most countries to continue a mission after you've lost contact.
Its good to have a few moments to try to reconnect before RTH happens. Either way you are not really in command until signal is regained.

You guys still believe they will release SDK for mini2? I hear this "promise" for about a year now. It supposed to be in September, then November, now January, but nobody mentions what year...🤣🤣🤣
I could be wrong, but I believe this is the first time DJI have announced it.

The rest of the "announcements" were from "people in the know"😎 .

I have the MM1 wich is supported already by Litchi.
Because of the virtual stick commands and short signal disconnections (milliseconds), waypoint missions are by far not as smooth as with "fully" supported drones (like Phantoms, MPro, MAir, M2 and Inspire).
I wonder why DJI went this way with the SDK, like I wonder why they don't support Homelock & Courselock anymore after the MPro.

Reactions: PeteTheJack
Now that it looks like the Mini 2 SDK will be available in Jan what does that mean in terms of using Litchi?

My main interest is being able to have FPV and waypoints, but are these likely to be available?

I can tell you that I’ve enjoyed trying both Mavic Maven and Litchi on my Mini-1 and Air2. While the virtual stick input can be less than cinematically smooth, it does ok if the speed of the drone is kept slow enough and the angle between the flight path track and the camera azimuth is such that a not much heading change needs to occur. So getting a shot 90° over the shoulder while making a turn is worst case, shooting towards where your flying gives great results. Again, at a slow speed like 2-3 mph, it seems good enough. I have to confess that I don’t understand the lag between release of the drone and when the SDK comes out. Having said all that, probably 90% of my flying is using the DJI app.

What is SDK?
Software Development Kit (SDK)

"a set of tools for third-party developers to use in producing applications using a particular framework or platform." - Oxford Language Dictionary

'Estimated Release Time: 2021-12-30'

Two days away, anyone want to bet either way?
Well I really really really really hope that DJI comes through on it for us all especially since I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought the LITCHI APP!!! and have already installed it on my GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA 5G LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 😆 but let's just say that I won't be surprised if we're still waiting on 1/1/22 for the SDK to be released but I hope not. God Bless Sincerely Clay B. ✝️

Well I really really really really hope that DJI comes through on it for us all especially since I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought the LITCHI APP!!! and have already installed it on my GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA 5G LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 😆 but let's just say that I won't be surprised if we're still waiting on 1/1/22 for the SDK to be released but I hope not. God Bless Sincerely Clay B. ✝️
I bought Litchi too, have saved a couple of test flights; it's something to get excited about during these less than jolly times.

I've no experience of DJI's delivering updates to a schedule to know if their dates are spot on, best endeavours, or something to wave at as they fly past..

"Follow me" is indeed a great feature, but if you like getting videos and photos of things other than yourself, then enabling waypoint missions really fills in a serious shortcoming with these DJI models -- one that I still don't understand -- and a lot of people will be more excited about that than this guy seems to be. It's great fun to just fly around and explore, but when you want specific shots of specific targets and scenes (and especially when you're concerned about where you might be flying while focusing on where you're pointing the camera), waypoint missions give even the novice the ability to safely get precisely what you want on the first try. Or, you can edit any part that you don't like and run it again. I'm seriously considering upgrading my Mini 1 now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard