DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mini 2 Shipspotting a Heavy Lift Vessel

So do you need to get permission to video something like that, no I'm not the drone police just curious.

Reactions: blackomega
Bummer...I was hoping to watch them lift the load. It was still an interesting watch though. Thanks for sharing.
Beleive me I wish that i could have remained there to film the big lift. But my choice was to film the lift or be very late for work. Haha Thanks for watching

So do you need to get permission to video something like that, no I'm not the drone police just curious.
Thanks for watching.

That is a very good question. And believe you me i have no want to start a drone police debate. For starters I have permission and I notify the owners of the land where I take off from. And secondly the airspace where I fly, my advance RPAS pilots license allows me to fly there. And thirdly I was flying my DJI mini 2 so as long as i do not endanger people or aircraft it is ok to fly there. Hope that answers your question.

Reactions: A.O.
Just saw this posted from Alaska Highway News about the Site C turbines arriving in Canada and remembered your video. Here's the article...

Reactions: Duckhunter50
Here is a cool video for you all. We were able to film a heavy lift vessel come into Prince Rupert to transfer two hydroelectric turbines for the Site C Dam project. Over to a waiting heavy lift barge. From there they will be loaded onto a special truck and transported to the site
https://youtu.be/60csmOLz2ZU
Really cool video...track too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada