DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 software/hardware issues out of the blue..

Biggie777

Reactions
So with fully charged controller.and batteries and all my firmware current as well as the DJI fly app,I have a few but undesirable issues. For one,the front light doesn't listen to the setting. I put it on a solid color or breathing or rainbow,it just cycles through the rainbow changing although it always automatically turns to disabled when I shut down and turn back on,the lights don't even obey the disabled and still just goes through the always on rainbow. So front light stuck always on in rainbow land - app has not impact or control of it anymore.

2nd thing. The reset camera settings,well what happens is I can hit that option but it doesn't default all the setting in that camera tab,maybe only auto but none of the other stuff.

Finally advanced gimbal settings - the reset settings doesn't reset all the sliders. It seems like only one a piece for each mode.. so drone no obeying app.

I don't know why or when all this happened but like old man Mavic taught me,the setting are saved mostly in the drone so it isn't like I can simply clear the cache and storage and make it right again.. uninstall etc.. none of that . Man it would be so great if there was a way I could reset the drone to factory setting like with the assistant app but mini 2 only has option to export logs unlike a lot of other drones that it can factory restore and even uninstall previous firmware updates.

if anyone know how I can factory reset or hard reset my mini 2,that would be quite lovely ...

These sound like the known bugs with the latest DJI Fly software - read the forums for reports of what is buggy about DJI's latest releases (there have been three in the past few days).

Reactions: Biggie777
So with fully charged controller.and batteries and all my firmware current as well as the DJI fly app,I have a few but undesirable issues. For one,the front light doesn't listen to the setting. I put it on a solid color or breathing or rainbow,it just cycles through the rainbow changing although it always automatically turns to disabled when I shut down and turn back on,the lights don't even obey the disabled and still just goes through the always on rainbow. So front light stuck always on in rainbow land - app has not impact or control of it anymore.

2nd thing. The reset camera settings,well what happens is I can hit that option but it doesn't default all the setting in that camera tab,maybe only auto but none of the other stuff.

Finally advanced gimbal settings - the reset settings doesn't reset all the sliders. It seems like only one a piece for each mode.. so drone no obeying app.

I don't know why or when all this happened but like old man Mavic taught me,the setting are saved mostly in the drone so it isn't like I can simply clear the cache and storage and make it right again.. uninstall etc.. none of that . Man it would be so great if there was a way I could reset the drone to factory setting like with the assistant app but mini 2 only has option to export logs unlike a lot of other drones that it can factory restore and even uninstall previous firmware updates.

if anyone know how I can factory reset or hard reset my mini 2,that would be quite lovely ...
There is a way to update on the assistant 2 but you Nedd to alter a file in the program. There is a tutorial on the forum. Somewhere. I will link it of I can find it

There is a way to update on the assistant 2 but you Nedd to alter a file in the program. There is a tutorial on the forum. Somewhere. I will link it of I can find it
I think I saw it .. let's you uninstall previous firmware,right? What about the factory reset function that is on the supported drones? Is that there on the hack?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots