DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 some questions on charging

^^^ This.

DJI batteries are the most discussed issue with the highest mountain of BS out there to climb over, including many heralded, respected experts in this forum.

Bottom line: You have no meaningful access to the battery cells in order to affect their performance or cycle life. The DJI smart BMS stands in the way, and will manage the cells for you, whether you like it or not, whether it does a good job or not (and it does a pretty good job, so relax).

The only thing you can do: Do not store a battery discharged. Always charge to at least 50% after use. Best to always fully charge, then let the BMS handle safe storage discharge on its own if you don't use it within a few days.
Yeah. Lot of fluff spewing out of the experts as to how you need to micro manage the batteries.

I decided life is to short to worry about the discharge cycles, I just charge em and top them off if I know I’m going to fly soon, as far as complete discharge… the low battery beep is annoying enough for me to land and replace so that will probably never be an issue for me. I’m just a casual flyer, perhaps an hour or two per month… maybe that will change as the weather warms

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne