DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 sphere panorama image size low and not recognised in facebook

I thoroughly enjoy taking Spherical panoramas with my MA2 and was happy to see the same function on my new Mini 2.
However, the final image in the DJI Fly app is only approx 1.4Mbytes (relatively low resolution 4096x2048) and does not seem to contain the necessary EXIf data for facebook to recognise as a spherical pano.
Even trying to share directly from the DJI fly app to facebook does not work. ( it works fine with the same app and my MA2)
Any ideas or is this just a bug at the moment?
( I have also tried saving as JPG+raw but just ended up with a folder full of the original images on the SD card and no way of stitching them on my mac)

It is very easy to use app Meta360 both iOS and Android, to save original plate photo into 360 photo. After that you can post this Meta360 generated photo to Facebook.

Reactions: Chris.Eng
It's ok for me with the "street view method".
But are you able to download the single shots with telephone direct connection, without using a computer?

. . . no way of stitching them on my mac.

I can't speak for the mac, but for those who may find this topic and need an answer for Windows, here's a great video explaining it. The video explains making "the 360 spherical panarama" for Facebook. It includes how to edit the "meta information" in Windows. (this "tricks" Facebook into recognizing it as a panoramic image...) It looks like a "flat" jpg until it's on Facebook. Once it's on FB, it can be viewed like any other image except you can manipulate the sphere and the focal point of the picture moves around and the view changes - as in panoramic. You can even look down and see what's below the drone.
He mentions using Lichi to take the images and that's what I did. I assume using all of the images in the DJI Fly "Pano" folder (Phantomi mentioned above) would have the same results. Maybe someone else will confirm or deny that... As Phantomi also mentioned, the free software "Microsoft ICE" (Image Composite Editor) is used to stitch the images together - and it's extremely easy to use. He then uses Photoshop to manipulate the images, but lots of other programs would do just as well. Some for free.
This worked for me:

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Righto guys, i have another method for you. Its free and pretty much straight forward. Took me half a day to figure out.
Firstly, go to this website NadirPatch.com make panorama photo for facebook
Upload your sphere image, the website converts it. Then download the image and save it in your photos.
Then get the app photo exif editor, there you upload your converted photo, edit the make and model of the camera. Make is RICOH, model is RICOH THETA S, the save.
The picture is ready to send to FB. when you add it to facebook, be sure to press EDIT prior to posting the pic, you dont actually edit anything, for some reason pressing edit, then pressing DONE turns it into the 360 degree view
This worked for me! No need to change the camera model or anything else (in my case) You're a life saver!!! ?

I've found only doing your first step, going to NadirPatch.com/exif and uploading/downloading the image gets it ready for FB, without having to do the second step you listed.

Seems Nadirpatch.com/exif is the only one not to degrade the image from the original, and I'll be using this from now on instead of the Google Street View app. Thanks!
Thank you all for this thread! I have been looking for a solution for this problem for a while. High Fives and a toast of your favorite adult beverage!

Reactions: D_The_Producer
I have also tried saving as JPG+raw but just ended up with a folder full of the original images on the SD card and no way of stitching them on my mac

Several options there. I use PTGUI Pro, which is excellent but a bit pricy:

I used to use Hugin, which is free.

Photoshop will (I believe) also stitch a spherical panorama for you. I think Photoshop is overpriced, so I use Affinity Photo instead:

Reactions: D_The_Producer
I hadn't realized that DJI now uses the Fly app to compose Panos until I saw a YT clip about the new Attitude indicator. In M2, the stitching was done in firmware on board the AC and stored on the SD card.

Dumb idea to download and process, leaving results on app.
I agree DJI does lately crazy things :( while it takes seconds from my old Mavic Air to grab the stitched file from SD card here the ask me to connect via wifi to the drone ( have screen RC ) took me 5 x extra steps. Are the doing this on purpose? the cant be that stupid. Also the file on the app is low resolution only 3MB am I missing something in the settings I took it with raw photos !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00