DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-2 vs Mini SE

So, if max tilt, and only max tilt is what dictates top speed then why does my mini1 not use its max tilt of 30deg when flying at its top speed in still air or into a slight headwind? Also, why does it not go faster if the max tilt limit is increased to, say, 40deg? I have tried modifying the firmware to increase the tilt limit, and observed the drone use the full 40deg tilt - just never at max speed. From your many mini1 flight analyses, what tilt angles are you typically seeing when the drone is cruising at max airspeed?

Sure, tilt angle has a big influence on top speed (no tilt = no speed) but available thrust is clearly very relevant too. The mini1 has quite limited thrust so it is easy to observe the drone reach it's limits due to thrust. The mini2 has significantly more thrust so can make use of greater tilt angles. I've not seen a reliable assessment of the thrust the Mini SE has, but I expect it is more than the Mini1, and hence can make better use of its 30deg tilt limit.
Sorry .. I can't answer your questions and can't really tell what it is you are getting at.

Sorry .. I can't answer your questions and can't really tell what it is you are getting at.
Post #39 basically gives the answer to the second question. The mini1 lacks the thrust to make good use of 40deg of tilt - it can hardly make the full use of 30deg of tilt.

Post #39 basically gives the answer to the second question. The mini1 lacks the thrust to make good use of 40deg of tilt - it can hardly make the full use of 30deg of tilt.
???
The reason I couldn't understand what you were getting at was that in post #37 and #39 I already said that the Mini is underpowered.

Over and out.

Last edited:
???
The reason I couldn't understand what you were getting at was that in post #37 and #39 I aleready said that the Mini is undrepowered.

Over and out.
Good, looks like we're in agreement, then, that tilt isn't exclusively the limiting factor for top speed and hence wind resistance. That's what I've been consistently getting at.

over and out here too Thumbswayup

While Mini2 and Mini SE share same battery, is it true that Mini battery will also work but with reduced flight time and need to register because of rhe weight?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe