DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - what quality camera is it?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all,

Clumsily phrased question - a friend asked me what quality camera my drone has and I couldn't tell him....please can someone help? Is it quantified in megapixels?

Please stay on topic

It's really not bad. 4K video and 12 MP photos. Sometimes I prefer working with 12 MP photos. Due to the smaller file size, they're easier to transfer, store, and batch edit. And although I wouldn't use a Mini 2 for mapping, I suspect it would be faster to stitch the 12 MP photos if you choose to do so.

I had a job once where the client wanted a 4k video inspection of a property's landscaping. They requested I use the Mavic 2 Pro, but due to complications, I could only complete half of the job with the M2P. The second half was completed with my backup Mini 2 and the client couldn't tell the difference.

Serious photographers and videographers will be able to tell the difference. But for most recreational/hobbyist applications, it's pretty negligible.

It's really not bad. 4K video and 12 MP photos. Sometimes I prefer working with 12 MP photos. Due to the smaller file size, they're easier to transfer, store, and batch edit. And although I wouldn't use a Mini 2 for mapping, I suspect it would be faster to stitch the 12 MP photos if you choose to do so.

I had a job once where the client wanted a 4k video inspection of a property's landscaping. They requested I use the Mavic 2 Pro, but due to complications, I could only complete half of the job with the M2P. The second half was completed with my backup Mini 2 and the client couldn't tell the difference.

Serious photographers and videographers will be able to tell the difference. But for most recreational/hobbyist applications, it's pretty negligible.
Thanks for that, that is really helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443