DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2

You need a smiling avatar? for posts like that OMM, my coffee sprayed laptop does NOT thank you, fortunately it is laugh/spill proof and I have run out of sugar lol so that's a bit safer too
Haha. Ditto with my red wine ?

A simple question - can the new Mini 2 take photographs vertically downwards ?
The camera is set on a gimbal, so you can move it vertically whilst in flight. 90o toward the ground, and 20o upwards.

Reactions: old man mavic
well guys you know me simple question, requires a simple answer ,and i simply answered it
thats about as simple as i can make it ;);););););)

• Haha
Reactions: Lastrexking
What's a good Inexpensive device I can use with the mini right now using and old Nook 7 with bluetooth GPS (all stuff I already had sitting around) but slow and cannot see any video, so what to get something else. My Moto G7 plus has a bad power plug so had to convert to wireless charging, so cannot use it. No iphones in our house and my wife has Moto G6.

What's a good Inexpensive device I can use with the mini right now using and old Nook 7 with bluetooth GPS (all stuff I already had sitting around) but slow and cannot see any video, so what to get something else. My Moto G7 plus has a bad power plug so had to convert to wireless charging, so cannot use it. No iphones in our house and my wife has Moto G6.

How inexpensive? I use a google Pixel 4a which is $350 and pretty good for the price.

I'm using an Honor 10 Lite, which you can easily get for $175 or less here in the UK (I've done the conversion from £ to $ for you). We've used the phone in the USA whilst working. The tech experts usually consider it to be one of the very best in the inexpensive range and we've found it - we've actually got three of them between the three of us, so that should read "they" rather than "it" - does everything you need. I'm sure you know this, but the essential specification for the DJI Fly app is to have a 64 bit phone or tablet, rather than a 32 bit one which won't work.

Philly115's suggestion above of a Google Pixel phone is obviously more expensive, although if you're a photographer, the Pixel cameras are amongst the best. But for normal use, the Honor 10 Lite camera is standard.

Reactions: philly115
Since the original post got a good answer, I have a follow-on question. Are people finding good camera stability in the -90 (vertical orientation), or are you getting a little pitch up that constantly requires correction? Obviously this involves factors of wind and airspeed.

How inexpensive? I use a google Pixel 4a which is $350 and pretty good for the price.
Hello! New guy here -- I have no phone new enough to support the Mavic Mini 2, but I am considering the Pixel 4a -- and looking for *any* confirmation that the Pixel 4a will work with the Mavic Mini 2. Are you saying that you have success with it?

This site does not mention it, but in the comments section there is both denial and confirmation that it is compatible:

This list is even more up-to-date, and doesn't mention it either:

I would have guessed with the popularity of the Pixel 4a, that *many* would have already been using it with the Mavic Drones (?).

Just to add to my uncertainty, the Pixel 5a is arriving sometime this year, and I'll have to ask that question all over again if I have not purchased a phone by that time :/

Last edited:
........I have a follow-on question. Are people finding good camera stab.......
The magnifying glass on the top RHS of the menu bars at the top of the page is a forum search function, I recollect seeing several discussions that may well address your query.
But, from memory, I think a summary is, if changes in the pitch of the drone causes the gimbal/camera to hit their travel limiters then the gimbal tilt will need to be reset, but dont quote me on that.

Hello! New guy here -- I have no phone new enough to support the Mavic Mini 2, but I am considering the Pixel 4a -- and looking for *any* confirmation that the Pixel 4a will work with the Mavic Mini 2. Are you saying that you have success with it?

This site does not mention it, but in the comments section there is both denial and confirmation that it is compatible:

This list is even more up-to-date, and doesn't mention it either:

I would have guessed with the popularity of the Pixel 4a, that *many* would have already been using it with the Mavic Drones (?).

Just to add to my uncertainty, the Pixel 5a is arriving sometime this year, and I'll have to ask that question all over again if I have not purchased a phone by that time :/
Yep I use my mini 2 with my pixel 4a. Works great!

Reactions: darethehair
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark