DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2

Most don't! Mine certainly hasn't. It's a fact of life that people tend to post in forums when they have a problem but not when things are going well. As a result, it's easy to get a distorted view of the prevalence of problems with a particular product. Generally, if you add up the number of individual complaints about "well-known" or "common" issues, they tend to relate to a just tiny fraction of the total number of products sold. If they were as common as they are made out to be, everyone who owned the product would be complaining about them. This certainly applies to the Mini.

You can't make a sweeping statement like that without any actual data! See my comment above. When you read through the posts about Mini crashes and fly-aways and the logs are subsequently viewed, most tend to show pilot error and not some fundamental design flaw with the drone, controller or app. There are many people in these forums who fly the Mini within its limits (and actually take notice of any warnings displayed in the app) and have no problems with it.
Basically you’re agreeing with me pilot error.
Most mini purchases are by those who have no idea.
There ripe for pilot error. And I’m 100% correct most of them don’t come to this forum.

Basically you’re agreeing with me pilot error.

You said how about a mini which doesn't fall from the sky and I said most don't. I'm not agreeing with you.

There ripe for pilot error.

Only if you ignore the weather and the app messages.

And I’m 100% correct most of them don’t come to this forum.

But how could you possibly know for sure? I use different logins on different sites so there's no reason to think others wouldn't which means many of the posts could come from the same group of people. There must be many thousands of Minis flying worldwide but there aren't many thousands of separate reports of crashes that I can find looking a lot of different forums.

But how could you possibly know for sure? I use different logins on different sites so there's no reason to think others wouldn't which means many of the posts could come from the same group of people. There must be many thousands of Minis flying worldwide but there aren't many thousands of separate reports of crashes that I can find looking a lot of different forums.
Pretty simple look over to you right 121K members say 30% have a mini so 40K mini owners here.
And how many only came AFTER the crash?
How many minis do you think DJI has sold? Probably more than 500K.
While we can never know for sure we can make a reasonable guess. I think my guess is more reasonable than yours.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
Pretty simple look over to you right 121K members say 30% have a mini so 40K mini owners here.

But this is just a wild guess, at best. Without real data, it's just a stab in the dark.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
But this is just a wild guess, at best. Without real data, it's just a stab in the dark.
It's a very conservative guess, not all wild. Mini sales world wide are probably in the millions, so it's a very good guess.

Prop update is relevant because prop warping is probably the leading cause of strange behavior. It doesn't seem to take much to warp them, and the warping isn't too obvious if you're not looking for it.

I've not had an issue, but I'm careful about how I put the AC in the FMC case.

if the Mini 2 supports the smart controller I will get it. Even better would be if the current Mini could be flown by the SC.. I can see no other reason to get a Mini 2, as I already have the MA2 and SC. The Mini is really nice but limited in range and wind resistance, and the Mini 2 will probably be the same, so why bother.. The Mavic 2 on the other hand, is getting long in the tooth..
Imagine that, the controller costs more than the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne