DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 April potential

All of this doesn't matter.

DJI want to sell to as many people as possible, which means under 250g in weight. The Mini 3 will (probably) be their main consumer item, with the others jogging around at various price points. That is, until the next drone appears, be that an air or whatever.

Then again, marketing suggests lower end, middle priced, high end, super luxury.
Agree.

The Mini 2 isn't going anywhere, and will continue to be a part of the product line, and a strong seller.

The 3 looks like the first offering to fill out a higher performing offering with mid to upper tier functionality and camera capabilities. Not a direct competitor for the M3, but definitely will eat some of the M3 and A2S market.

My opinion is DJI will continue to develop a range of drones in the sub 250g space, since it's gonna be tough in the EU for anything heavier.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Mini 4 with capability near the M3, full OA in all directions, 4/3 sensor, variable aperture. All under 250g, costing $2500 for FMC version.

If not the 4, then the 4 pro or the 5.

It's coming...

Reactions: Daybreak98
How likely is it that the mini 3 will be announced in April? I’m thinking whether to hold off upgrading my mavic mini to a 2 if everyone thinks the 3 is soon.
Now I read somewhere on here that DJI was going to postpone the release of the mini 3 pro until May.
No real reason was given,but speculation was due to the current lockdown in china.
Now if I could only remember where I read it.But I know I did read it.
And now the question remains,will it be around April 28th as mentioned or in fact put off until May.

Now I read somewhere on here that DJI was going to postpone the release of the mini 3 pro until May.
No real reason was given,but speculation was due to the current lockdown in china.
Now if I could only remember where I read it.But I know I did read it.
And now the question remains,will it be around April 28th as mentioned or in fact put off until May.

Google seems to be a good stand-in for memory, at least in my case.

A late May launch makes me nervous, I need it by June 5 unless I want to try and buy it in France.

Nano+ is far behind the Mini 2. The only advantage Nano+ has is on night shots. But on everything else Mini 2 is superior.

I flew Mini 2 for 1,5 years and I fly Nano+ since last week. Am am very disappointed with the Autel drone. It is far from a finished product. The price (1200 Euros - FMC) is completely unjustified.
I've never had an Autel drone and to be honest I had temptation to buy it (vs waiting for the next Mini) but I also think Autel drones are not that polished. I'm especially concerned about the app. From what I saw the app is quite poor compared to DJI's app. I love DJI Mini 2 so much that I kind of had pre-buyer remorse so I finally decided not to buy it :) In principle low light performance is my only complain about Mini 2. In all other aspects it's awesome. My strategy is/was to combine one sub-250g drone with a bigger say Air 2S. But from the leaked specs Mini 3 seems so powerful I don't even think this makes sense.

Oh, yes, it makes total sense. Air 2S is incredibly powerful. It flies twice as fast as Mini 2, it doesn't care about the wind, it shoots up into the sky like a rocket, it produces stunning night photography. There is simply no comparison between the Mini 2 and Air 2S, they are two different animals.

I had them both, now I am left with Air 2S only. Mini 2 was sold in preparation for Mini 3. Honestly, since I got the Air 2S I haven't touched the Mini 2. However, I still need a mini drone as a travel drone.

The only downside I see with Air 2S is that is (very) noisy. People will hear you flying at 120 meters above, whereas Mini 2 becomes completely silent at about 50 meters or so. And at night the Air 2S is like a Christmas three in the sky. It is impossible to get away unnoticed.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon