DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 attracting small birds

I worked with a software engineer from the UK that told me he was going to go outside and grab a fag. When he walked out I stared at his coworker with confusion. He laughed and told me he was going to go have a smoke.

I noticed a lot of bird interest. Seagulls harrassing it, occasional pigeons, lots of small birds, and swifts. Then I stuck a yellow and black striped wrap on it and the bird interest seems to have gone.

I did spend a lot of time putting all the sections on, before weighing it and removing piece by piece until I only had the piece on the top body, as it was quite a bit over 250g with the whole wrap on.

Went out to fly this am took the Mini 3 and Air 2s over the Q.dam here in P.a. One thing I must share , for the past 3 weeks flying the Mini 3 I noticed small birds come out of the wood work more than usual,So this Morning when I took both birds up again the little birds really seem to be attracted to the Mini 3,NO attacks but flying around and around it .
Yesterday I had an Anna's Hummingbird do a courting flight around my Mini 3. It was flying up above the drone and then swooping down close to the ground. It did this about a dozen times, great to watch.

Interesting thread. The Mini 3 Pro is my 4th DJI drone and this past weekend was the first time I have ever had a problem with birds. I was flying over a lake (from a boat) and had two little mean suckers attack the drone. They were swooping down and trying to peck at it. I couldn't get it out of the air fast enough! I was so afraid they were going to send it into the lake,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661