DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 build quality compared to the Mini 2? had me surprised...

doors close with a satisfying thud
A lot of work goes into making that happen. You could have just a good build quality with a tinnier sound, but people equate "high frequency" with "poor quality".

Similarly, some of those expensive German cars use the sound system to play engine noise into the passenger compartment. When the sound system fails people take the car in to the mechanic because it suddenly "has less power" — it doesn't, but if they don't hear the engine noise they assume it!

I would be hesitant about assuming a particular device is poorly designed and fragile based only on 'feeling'.

This is my first mini drone so I decided to buy the mini 2 bundle from Costco just to try it out, see how it compares and probably return it
I find this rather unethical, no different than buying a dress to wear to a party and then return it.

I'd ask that you reconsider this attitude.

I find this rather unethical, no different than buying a dress to wear to a party and then return it.

I'd ask that you reconsider this attitude.
What's unethical is for me to pay $1000 for something and not get even 50% of the advertised effect (signal strength on the mini 3 pro) meanwhile the company refuses to even acknowledge the problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Torque
What's unethical is for me to pay $1000 for something and not get even 50% of the advertised effect (signal strength on the mini 3 pro) meanwhile the company refuses to even acknowledge the problem.
Yeah, sure.

What else do you steal from others because they don't give you what you want? I suspect quite a bit.

You were very clear you planned to "borrow" a Mini 2 for your own pleasure, not as some means to punish a fraudulent DJI. When called on this, you attack. Totally expected.

Last edited:
Yeah, sure.

What else do you steal from others because they don't give you what you want? I suspect quite a bit.

You were very clear you planned to "borrow" a Mini 2 for your own pleasure, not as some means to punish a fraudulent DJI. When called on this, you attack. Totally expected.

I've had my say, and am dropping it.
???

If DJI don't address the signal issues with the Mini 3 in the next week or so I will likely be returning that defective dishonest product and sticking with the Mini 2 so no

It's called consumer rights, I have a right to purchase a product and test it to make sure it's performing as advertised before keeping it or not.

Reactions: FireAnt
So I got the 3 about two weeks ago and have been flying it nearly every day

This is my first mini drone so I decided to buy the mini 2 bundle from Costco just to try it out, see how it compares and probably return it
The above is what you said, what I first quoted, and criticized. It was very clear. Buying something "just to try it out" and then "probably return it" is not a consumer right. You don't see that?

Now you say it's the mini 3 you're considering returning.

The story's changing.

Last edited:
The above is what you said, what I first quoted, and criticized. It was very clear. Buying something "just to try it out" and then "probably return it" is not a consumer right. You don't see that?

The story's changing.
No his story isn't changing. He will probably return both.
No range issues whatsoever here in Seattle with my Mini 3. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Beet

The story's changing.
The story is changing, of-course its changing, it all depends on how the products perform. If the Mini 3 performed as it was advertised then I would not have even considered the Mini 2.

Quite frankly I don't give a rat's (Mod Removed Language)about DJI losing money since they don't seem to take my concerns seriously

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Faster
The story is changing, of-course its changing, it all depends on how the products perform. If the Mini 3 performed as it was advertised

It does.

DJI has not been dishonest at all.

Some people are having range issues. Others are not. Ho hum, par for the course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Exce

except I've contacted them several times and they tell me there are currently no issues with the Mini 3 Pro and to have a great day.
You've had issues since you unboxed it. I thought last week the factory reset of the controller fixed your range issues?

Have you actually sent flight logs to DJI?

You've had issues since you unboxed it. I thought last week the factory reset of the controller fixed your range issues?

Have you actually sent flight logs to DJI?
It did that one time, I may have somehow got it correctly into FCC mode but since then it's gone back to being just as bad as it originally was

And yes I have

I have seen this on many forums.

”guys I bought a PS, is the quality really this bad?”
”I also hate X or Y”
”omg it is not normal that it is so bad now is it?”
”well, looks like i returned it! Xbox is much better”

I don’t really think he actually has a mini 3, probably just an alt account to criticise it

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian