DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 discontinued?

Not in my book.
Taken literally it means that the manufacturer supplies parts to DJI and possibly, in this case even propellers. It DOES NOT mean/guarantee that the part supplied is made to DJI standards.
Well, yes, I think its pretty much understood that manufacturers rarely manufacture 100% of the components that go into their products. OEM however, should mean that it meets the manufacturers specifications, and if it doesn't, the manufacturer should take responsibility for the consequences. They would then take it up with their supplier.

Attached are the CsvView plots for motorRPM, drone pitch and roll for a mini 3 that had a whoopsie. I think it is safe to assume that ther RPM need to be multiplied by 10.
That's pretty high on the geek scale there. I'm not there yet. :D

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
the manufacturer should take responsibility for the consequences. They would then take it up with their supplier.
good luck with pursuing a case with an OEM manufacturer. We will have to disagree as to the understanding of OEM, mine stems from "OEM" parts for motor bikes in the 70's, 80's and 90's when they were clearly not made to Honda, Suzi, Kwak and Yamaha specs.
That's pretty high on the geek scale there. I'm not there yet.
hmmmm, I'd have to say not really.
The use of CsvView charts on here is quite common but normally CsvView is used on either the .txt flight log itself or, where those flight logs are encrypted, the CSVs produced from those flight log by either Phantomhelp or Flight Reader.

The use on DAT flight log is also reasonably common on here but PREVENTED wrt respect to some models by DJI encrypting those DATs.

If you want to get into, in a good way, "Geek level" stuff then go through the crash forum and look at some of the discussions between @sar104 and @BudWalker and the like.
It's very interesting stuff even when it goes straight over the top of your/my head.

Tip speed etc. stuff was early teenage school stuff for me and I would have thought for you too.

Last edited:
One question about that, from memory off using Loctite the fastner had be used whist the Loctite was liquid, it was the setting of the Loctite that secured the fastener.
Is a dry use version now available to the general public?

To my surprise the answer is yes, not sure if its available to the GP.

1728724698211.png

Last edited:
Tip speed etc. stuff was early teenage school stuff for me and I would have thought for you too.

I was a musician in my teenage years. Hated anything science or math, or physical education. LOL.

My brother was the one who was into building and flying model aircraft, and went on to put satellites into space. We couldn't be more different really.

I still wouldn't trust them to be made to the same standards as blades sold by DJI or retailers with good reputations
No trust needed in this case since I'm referring to actual DJI products.

For example, if I bought DJI products from Best Buy, didn't end up using them and was beyond the return period, I would sell them on eBay as "OEM DJI" products. Again, no special trust needed here either as the products I'm selling are actual DJI products and not products "made to the same standard".

Reactions: Cafguy
No trust needed in this case since I'm referring to actual DJI products.

For example, if I bought DJI products from Best Buy, didn't end up using them and was beyond the return period, I would sell them on eBay as "OEM DJI" products. Again, no special trust needed here either as the products I'm selling are actual DJI products and not products "made to the same standard".
Oh well we will have to agree to disagree over the use of " OEM". In the latter case I would simply sat they were "DJI" whatever. Maybe it's American vs British English.

Maybe it's American vs British English.
No worries. I noted that up in post #10 before I explained with an example from a US website.

You can find many examples like that on nearly any US website where DJI products are re-sold. In fact, in the US, I don't think I've ever seen a product advertised as "OEM DJI" not be an actual DJI product.

Last edited:
In the states, OEM means that the item is as original manufactured. "Original Equipment Manufacturer" synonymous with "Original Equipment Manufactured"

I think the People over at DJI that are feeding the Drone packaging line are grabbing from the same box and sticking them into those pretty little DJI parts packs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak476579