DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 gimbal replacement

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
Hi, just wondering if it's possible to replace the gimbal in a Mini 3. I know there were issues with replacing it on the Air 2/Mini 2 etc, but haven't heard anything about the mini 3

If you replace the camera or gimbal you have to calibrate your camera. Dji does not let us do this by ourselves anymore. You can do it by using those methods posted on youtube with Python but you still get 3 errors no matter what 40011/40021 and 10016. Error 10016 can not be removed only DJI can. I can remove 40011 and 40021 and calibrate your camera. The 10016 is only a warning and it will show up on the screen only for a few seconds. That will not affect the camera or the drone in any way. Is there just to make you send the drone to them.
PM me if you have these errors and you can't calibrate your camera.

If you replace the camera or gimbal you have to calibrate your camera. Dji does not let us do this by ourselves anymore. You can do it by using those methods posted on youtube with Python but you still get 3 errors no matter what 40011/40021 and 10016. Error 10016 can not be removed only DJI can. I can remove 40011 and 40021 and calibrate your camera. The 10016 is only a warning and it will show up on the screen only for a few seconds. That will not affect the camera or the drone in any way. Is there just to make you send the drone to them.
PM me if you have these errors and you can't calibrate your camera.
do you know how to do calibration in mini 3 pro after gimbal replacement?

Just replaced the pitch motor only... minor crash broke off one of the tabs that hold the rubber damper in place on the motor itself... so figured I would try to replace just the motor.

Now getting 40002 Gimble stuck, on fire up nothing moves at all... camera is working just no motion on gimble?
Could this be a bad replacement motor?

Or when motor was swapped do I need the calibration run by DJI repair, and would they even touch it since I played with it.

If I can pull the plastic cover off the old motor that has the tabs and replace with that part from my "new" motor is about my only thought now...

Any insights out there?

New to drones but had a 20+ year career in Engineering... this lack of DIY is ridiculous.

TIA
CaptnPea

Just replaced the pitch motor only... minor crash broke off one of the tabs that hold the rubber damper in place on the motor itself... so figured I would try to replace just the motor.

Now getting 40002 Gimble stuck, on fire up nothing moves at all... camera is working just no motion on gimble?
Could this be a bad replacement motor?

Or when motor was swapped do I need the calibration run by DJI repair, and would they even touch it since I played with it.

If I can pull the plastic cover off the old motor that has the tabs and replace with that part from my "new" motor is about my only thought now...

Any insights out there?

New to drones but had a 20+ year career in Engineering... this lack of DIY is ridiculous.

TIA
CaptnPea
With the early Mavic 2 series, you could DIY swap the Pro camera with the Zoom, and vice-versa, exactly the same way as you could with the Autel Evo II. DJI saw this as an oversight because it was losing them money, so they quickly paired the camera serial number to the airframe serial number to make sure owners had to send their drone into one of their service centres to get the camera and gimbal swapped. DJI likes to maximize profit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga