DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 no gps

prop

Reactions
ijust got a mini 3 and it says fly with caution , no gps. i am outside in wide open spaces and it flys great , but no gps no rth

ijust got a mini 3 and it says fly with caution , no gps. i am outside in wide open spaces and it flys great , but no gps no rth
Your craft certainly is not behaving as expected. As stated above in the other posts you may have faulty hardware. Even though you it is flying well as would avoid flying until you can get this sorted. If the craft has less than 12 GPS satellites connected then you will be flying manually and could increase the risk of a crash due to unstable hovering. Let us know what DJI says! Since you are in the US, you are covered by the federal consumer law that mandates 1 year of warranty on the product. Anything that may be wrong with the Mini3 will be covered. Can you tell us more about your flight setup? Are you using the RJI RC or the RCN1? If the N1, what smart phone are you using? What version of the OS is it currently running?

i called dji and they told me to upgrade the firmware which seems to have worked . i have good gps now but the rth dosen`t work.did i miss a setting on the contorller? i am using a rc.

i called dji and they told me to upgrade the firmware which seems to have worked . i have good gps now but the rth dosen`t work.did i miss a setting on the contorller? i am using a rc.
Glad you were able to get one issue sorted. For your DJI RC RTH issue: you should check the safety menu under the “…” > Safety menu (should be the first one) > scroll down to Advanced Saftey Settings > Signal lost options ( default is RTH) can you tell us what yours says?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Sorry that above is the lost signal programming. Can you tell us how you are pressing the return to home button sequence? Did you update the drone and controller or just the drone? Did you use the DJI assistant app for windows/ mac?

i called dji and they told me to upgrade the firmware which seems to have worked . i have good gps
That's odd ... updating firmware wouldn't fix a GPS that's not working.
Anyway it's working now so that's OK.
now but the rth dosen`t work.did i miss a setting on the contorller? i am using a rc.
More information required.
What about RTH isn't working?
What have you done and what does the drone do?

One common issue that makes new flyers complain that their RTH isn't working is that they test with the drone too close and the drone just lands where it is.
If that's your concern, read the RTH section of the manual and note how far away you have to be for RTH to bring the drone back to you.

Are you holding down the RTH button long enough? It requires a long press.

also having problems with the rc and sd card. i put a card in but the rc says no sd card.

also having problems with the rc and sd card. i put a card in but the rc says no sd card.
We’re you able to format the SD card inside the controller? Sometimes SD cards comes not formatted at all so the computer system will not be able to read the card if it’s formatted as a different file system or lacking one altogether .In your controller you will see an area where you can format the card. Tap that button and let us know if your RC then sees the storage device.

the controller says no sd card so i can`t format it i tried to format it on my laptop. i formated it to exPat and also ntps and it still says no sd card. also when i use an sd card in the drone itself it will play back photos on my laotop bur , when i try the vdeos i recorded it says un supported file. pretty strange.
i`ll check the manual for the rth distance but that also seems kinda strange.

the controller says no sd card so i can`t format it
You don't need to have a card in the controller.
The SD card goes in the drone.
i formated it to exPat and also ntps and it still says no sd card.
The drone doesn't use either of those format types, so wouldn't recognise them.
also when i use an sd card in the drone itself it will play back photos on my laotop bur , when i try the vdeos i recorded it says un supported file. pretty strange.
Unsupported flie type, means a file type that's not supported by that particular software.
The solution is to use software that does recognise the drone's file types .. that's mp4 or mov.
What seems kind of strange, is that you haven't explained anything in any detail.
It makes it almost impossible to address the problems you might be having.

the controller says no sd card so i can`t format it i tried to format it on my laptop. i formated it to exPat and also ntps and it still says no sd card. also when i use an sd card in the drone itself it will play back photos on my laotop bur , when i try the vdeos i recorded it says un supported file. pretty strange.
You need to format the SD card in FAT32 or Exfat. NTFS is a proprietary Windows Format so the drone and controller will not be able to read and write to that file system. So the SD card in your drone is formatted correctly but like the above post stated the software you are playing back the .mp4 video or MOV in is not supported. Please download and install VLC media Player for play back as this software is sure to support that playback. For now ignore the SD card for the controller and just fly with the SD card in the drone. You will need to sort out the file system format of the card going into the controller if you want to use it for offline maps or screen recording from the DJI RC or you can just keep it in the controller as a backup. But still make sure if you want to use it in the drone you format it with the drone

The drone doesn't use either of those format types, so wouldn't recognise them.
You missed the typo substituting 'P' for 'F'.

exFat and ntfs. Recognize those?

Last edited:
Configuration: Mini 3(P) with DJI RC.

Both the drone and RC have support for an SD card, for different purposes. Both can be formatted in-place in the drone, or in the RC. If you are having issues, start by formatting in-place first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1