DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro completely loses connection to RC controller for good without any reason

I've put just over 21 hours on my Mini 3 (with RC Controller) and haven't had connection issues. I've had a couple of low signal warnings when trees were in the way, which mostly went away the last time I updated. (Which was the update that added an extra row to spherical panoramas — sorry, can't remember the number.)

it just disconnected the pairing from the RC and could not connect again…I was online and on the phone with the DJI techs…..finally I was instructed because I had purchased the refresh, to send the drone back and I did…..the new drone went through all the updates and paired with no problem to my RC.
Interesting! So you simply got a new drone, not a repaired one? Did you "use up" your refresh care for that or did you have to pay for that? Cause I think this would not be correct as they clearly found the problem on DJI's side in my case.

But it's great to see that we are now both happy with our drones ;)

Had a similar thing happen to me on the last flight.
Drone 200m away, clearly visible in a hover, full signal strength shown, disconnected without warning and RTHd.

Power cycling the controller (RC-N1) did nothing, after landing still nothing. Had to power cycle the drone then it worked.
No errors in logs.
2nd time its happened in about 50 flights.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Had a similar thing happen to me on the last flight.
Drone 200m away, clearly visible in a hover, full signal strength shown, disconnected without warning and RTHd.

Power cycling the controller (RC-N1) did nothing, after landing still nothing. Had to power cycle the drone then it worked.
No errors in logs.
2nd time its happened in about 50 flights.

This is very interesting, we should make sure to keep track of these incidents as the pattern is quite distinct and always the same (especially about not being to connect again without rebooting the drone).

Sadly, I have no solution or explanation to that phenomenon, still, as DJI simply replaced all core parts of both controller and drone in my case :(

Interesting! So you simply got a new drone, not a repaired one? Did you "use up" your refresh care for that or did you have to pay for that? Cause I think this would not be correct as they clearly found the problem on DJI's side in my case.

But it's great to see that we are now both happy with our drones ;)
Yes I use up one refresh.....and I had issues with the way the Tech worded it....when we went through all the test to see that it failed..he said I see you have refresh....so you gonna have to send it in.......not thinking it was gonna cost me a refresh...I thought since seeing it was failing and the instructions was send drone + Props........I figured to see if it had crashed or not....and thats what I did. Thinking it was a repair......partly my fault for not understanding how the refresh worked and I wasn't offered the option to "repair" the drone. I did contact support again to voice this but was told that there wasn't anything that they could do now........but its clear there was something wrong with the pairing of the original drone and RC.....Happy now.

I did contact support again to voice this but was told that there wasn't anything that they could do now........but its clear there was something wrong with the pairing of the original drone and RC.....Happy now.
While I'm happy for you to be happy, I still think " wen cannot do a thing" is cowardish and plainfully wrong response. Their support told me that I should simply NOT select "care refresh" when I create the support ticket for sending the drone in. I did NOT select it and, thus, my care refresh was not used in that case.

Still I am not happy about the transparency....

I contacted a mod thru DJI forum after one of my updates that for this very reason. Rock solid performance, then a update then screen freeze and flyaway to H. Dam scary feeling. Go to the DJI forum and explain your problem or simply find the thread with this issue and see if they reach out to you they did for me and solved my problem ;).

Had the same as described here: Mini 3 disconnect and unresponsive

I never had such a behaviour with my M2P and the SC.
The drone picture stayed grey, closing it, the "Fly" button did not show up, restart of the RC had done nothing even if I could see the drone close to me (within 100 m distance). As @Cymru said, only power cycling the drone helped later to relink.

Altough the drone RTH successfully, the tight spot I chose and the lack of precision landing led to a small collision in about 1 m height, where the sensors of the drone could not detect obstacles and I had no chance to control it.

First I was relieved that only the props were damaged and the body had 2 minor bruises. Gimbal needed a recalibration but flight wise everything was good.

But yesterdayI discovered, that parts of the images now seem a tad blurry/out of focus, so I guess, the optical system has shifted due to the impact slightly.

Now initiated a DJI Care Refresh Express claim, hoping this will be soon fulfilled.
Last week I've made the FCC hack and could not been happier, as in the same setting, I've never had any issue with signal and control loss, but still, should have done it earlier while the camera was still ok.

Hope the replacement is as sharp as I had.

Last edited:
@makla I would be very interested in knowing whether DJI actually replaces the internal boards only of your own drone, versus sending a replacement drone entirely.

I had a motor issue sometime ago with my M2 and even though the repair email mentioned they were replacing the motor & cable, I was surprised to see that I received a completely new drone, sealed box and everything.

If you have your original serial number I would advise you to check that it's the same when you get back your drone.

Hope this issue is fixed for everyone soon and you take to the skies again!

@c64-dev
I received a complete new drone (which is the plus with express) and it's very likely, until you enquire an actual repair or an assessment is necessary to handle claims. It's cheaper for DJI than spending hours disassembling and stuffing the components back in that small body.

Reactions: FLDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair