DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro ESC error out the box and Failure to update firmware

Nutzman

Reactions
Hi all,

I bought a new mini 3 pro and after charging the drone and controller, I fired up for 1st flight. Went through the normal time/date/region/language. Then the obligatory "firmware requires update". Did the firmware update. Failed at ~85%. Try again.... try again......... Till the drone shut down due to temperature rise. Pack it away. Try again this morning. Now get the same Firmware needs to be updated, but also get ESC error. Look at the error codes 16080027 and 16100019 Repair required, contact DJI support. This bird has not even taken flight? Disappointing. I have a mini 2 and M3E and have had no problem with them.

just send it back to who you bought it from they send you a new one. I had to send my first one back but all is good now

I too would send it back.
Incidentally I'd suggest directing the output of a fan over the drone whilst the drone is sitting powered up but not flying.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Return and replace. Its faulty.
Not worth the effort even messing around with.

Hi all,

I bought a new mini 3 pro and after charging the drone and controller, I fired up for 1st flight. Went through the normal time/date/region/language. Then the obligatory "firmware requires update". Did the firmware update. Failed at ~85%. Try again.... try again......... Till the drone shut down due to temperature rise. Pack it away. Try again this morning. Now get the same Firmware needs to be updated, but also get ESC error. Look at the error codes 16080027 and 16100019 Repair required, contact DJI support. This bird has not even taken flight? Disappointing. I have a mini 2 and M3E and have had no problem with them.
It happens. Who knows what happened after the assembly line, but, there’s always that bad duck 🦆 or lemon🍋.

Send it back to DJI…don’t fight it. They’ll get you on track. It IS frustrating no doubt.

🇨🇦👍

Just an update. Drone sent back, assessed and replacement arrived within 8 days. The replacement unit has charged up, updated firmware and ready to fly. Now to wait for the weather to clear?

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Just an update. Drone sent back, assessed and replacement arrived within 8 days. The replacement unit has charged up, updated firmware and ready to fly. Now to wait for the weather to clear?
Happy Flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser