DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro forward vision sensor error (Code 1A0100C2)

stretchsje

Reactions
I bought a Mini 3 Pro refurbished from DJI and out-of-the-box it had this error: Forward vision sensor error. (Code: 1A0100C2)

DJI forward vision sensor error 2.jpgDJI forward vision sensor error.jpg

I contacted DJI immediately, and they asked that I install DJI Assistant 2 and run the calibration. (I additionally refreshed the latest firmware.) When running the calibration, my two front sensors show no image. Just black. (No, there is nothing covering the lenses.)
DJI_calibrate.pngDJI_calibrate_cropped.png
DJI has now asked me to initiate a service request, and I'll have to mail the drone back.

Before I do, is there anything else worth trying?

Last edited:
I bought a Mini 3 Pro refurbished from DJI and out-of-the-box it had this error: Forward vision sensor error. (Code: 1A0100C2)

View attachment 161442View attachment 161443

I contacted DJI immediately, and they asked that I install DJI Assistant 2 and run the calibration. (I additionally refreshed the latest firmware.) When running the calibration, my two front cameras show no image. Just black. (No, there is nothing covering the lenses.)
View attachment 161444View attachment 161445
DJI has now asked me to initiate a service request, and I'll have to mail the drone back.

Just return it as faulty on delivery. You may get a new unboxed one on return.

View attachment 161442View attachment 161443

I contacted DJI immediately, and they asked that I install DJI Assistant 2 and run the calibration. (I additionally refreshed the latest firmware.) When running the calibration, my two front cameras show no image. Just black. (No, there is nothing covering the lenses.)
View attachment 161444View attachment 161445

The Mini 3 Pro only has one camera its attached to the Gimbal , no idea about your two front cameras other than maybe the sensors on top, have you downloaded and read the manual , cheers Len

The Mini 3 Pro only has one camera its attached to the Gimbal , no idea about your two front cameras other than maybe the sensors on top, have you downloaded and read the manual , cheers Len
The Mini3Pro has 7 cameras:
1 main gimballed camera for video/stills
3x pairs of vision positioning system cameras for flight stabilisation and 3d obstacle detection.

The sensors on top you refer to are cameras, and the procedure DJI asked @stretchsje to do using DJI Assistant 2 is to calibrate these 3 pairs of cameras so that the pairs of images are aligned and correctly detect the location/distance of objects. It's rare for these sensors to need calibration, and in this case it looks like there's a hardware fault rather than a calibration issue.

Last edited:
I edited the first post for clarity (changing the word "cameras" to "sensors") but all the vision sensors are, essentially, pairs of cameras. The drone pilot doesn't see the images from these cameras when flying but should if running the calibration process via DJI Assistant 2. That's how the vision sensors work: a depth map is generated from stereo images taken from pairs of cameras. (Or in my case, why the vision system doesn't work!)

I was hoping one of y'all would tell me I could remove a few screws and reattach a ribbon cable that came loose in shipping, something like that. But instead it's off to DJI for service. Mustn't be a very common problem as that error code ("1A0100C2") doesn't produce any other results on this site!

Reactions: kidroc
It could well simply be a loose cable somewhere. You mentioned it was a refurb, so it may have been partly disassembled to replace faulty parts, and a cable accidentally bumped or pulled. I guess it's up to you whether you go for the low risk option and send it back to DJI, or you go for the higher risk option and pop it open in the hope that it's something simple like a poorly seated cable connector. If that's not the problem then there is the risk that DJI would want to charge you for repair since it has been opened and "tampered" with.

Have a look at this random teardown video for info on the cable for the fwd/aft vision sensor module. It looks like there's a ribbon cable that connects this to the upper main board. Accessible once the top shell is removed. (jump to around 5:45)

Reactions: stretchsje
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian