DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro How To Cancel RTH & Fly Manually to landing pad?

Raymogp

Reactions
Today was only my third flight on my Mini 3 Pro & it is also my first drone.

The Mini 3 Pro calculated my home point on the landing pad when I activated launch button & took off.

When I hit RTH it came back but missed the landing pad.

How do I cancel RTH & then do I fly manually to fine tune the landing on the center of the pad?

Or is it better to just manually fly my return to home? Thank You

Reactions: old man mavic
@Raymogp ,its personal choice whether you use RTH to come home or fly manually ,but there are times, when because,say the wind suddenly changed direction, or it started to rain that you need to get home as quickly as possible ,in those situations then flying it manually is going to be your best bet,
if you do use the RTH function to come home ,then as it gets down to around 20ft or so just cancel RTH by either touching the icon on the screen or by pressing and hold the RTH pause button on the RC then take control and land on the mat
at the moment the Mini 3 pro does not have the RTH precision landing feature ,and with just the GPS positioning, anywhere in a ten ft radius of the landing is acceptable
personally i prefer to fly back manually and land myself as much as possible but thats me others will always use the RTH button ,thats them good luck and happy flying OMM

@Raymogp ,its personal choice whether you use RTH to come home or fly manually ,but there are times, when because,say the wind suddenly changed direction, or it started to rain that you need to get home as quickly as possible ,in those situations then flying it manually is going to be your best bet,
if you do use the RTH function to come home ,then as it gets down to around 20ft or so just cancel RTH by either touching the icon on the screen or by pressing and hold the RTH pause button on the RC then take control and land on the mat
at the moment the Mini 3 pro does not have the RTH precision landing feature ,and with just the GPS positioning anywhere in a ten ft radius of the landing is acceptable
personally i prefer to fly back manually and land myself as much as possible but thats me others will always use the RTH button ,thats them good luck and happy flying OMM

@EpicFlight thanks for your correction i was trying to distinguish the two actions
of that button, quick press for hold the drone in its present position and long press to initiate the RTH ,at least you knew what i was trying to say

Reactions: EpicFlight
at the moment the Mini 3 pro does not have the RTH precision landing feature ,and with just the GPS positioning, anywhere in a ten ft radius of the landing is acceptable
I only hit RTH when I have accidently flown out of eyesight & I want the drone to face home , then I cancel RTH once I can see it again

Reactions: Karlewski and TTP
Today was only my third flight on my Mini 3 Pro & it is also my first drone.

The Mini 3 Pro calculated my home point on the landing pad when I activated launch button & took off.

When I hit RTH it came back but missed the landing pad.

How do I cancel RTH & then do I fly manually to fine tune the landing on the center of the pad?

Or is it better to just manually fly my return to home? Thank You
Hit the red circle with an x in it which appears on the left side of the screen. Then land it yourself. I have only had on incidence of the drone not returning exactly where it should have. On that occasion, it was way off, but it was just at sunset and the landing site was pretty dark - although that should not matter.

I take it the mini 3 lacks precision landing like previous Mavics? In which case your only choice is a manual landing if you wanna hit the pad center.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13