DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro in hot climates ?

Straight from the Specs:
  • Operating Temperature​

• -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F)

There are overheating threads on the internet where Mini 3s have overheated and shut down whilst sitting powered up but not flying, so it may well be a 'weak' area, try a google and I am sure will find some threads.

Your going to have issues, so take some Precautions:

Keep the Drone cool in the car if possible before use.

Dont let it sit to long or hover in one spot , try to keep it moving.
Make sure to do your updates before heading out .

If you dont get the Home Spot right away , lift up in the air moving straight up vertical until you do.

If at all possible have a back up drone ready to go .

The worst part of the overheating is not being able to take off but being forced to land when your not ready.

Lots of stress in 110 F so be aware

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and give your drone a cool bath.

Reactions: Sgt beer belly
Your going to have issues, so take some Precautions:

Keep the Drone cool in the car if possible before use.

Dont let it sit to long or hover in one spot , try to keep it moving.
Make sure to do your updates before heading out .

If you dont get the Home Spot right away , lift up in the air moving straight up vertical until you do.

If at all possible have a back up drone ready to go .

The worst part of the overheating is not being able to take off but being forced to land when your not ready.

Lots of stress in 110 F so be aware

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and give your drone a cool bath.
Have you are anyone else here had a Mini 3 Pro do a forced landing due to overheating? That’s sounds pretty scary.

Looking to take a mini 3 pro on vacation this summer in desert like area that is hot but dry 110 F, has anyone had any experience or issues with overheating.

Thanks
This is the temperature recommendation from DJI Mini 3 Pro..
  • Operating Temperature​

The Drone if overheats will notify you through the DJI Fly app.

If the weight is no problem then there is a fan that can fit on the underside of the drone to keep it cool.Just go to one of the well known sites and type in DJI mini3 pro accessories

Attachments

• $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
I’ve lived in the desert for a long time and have learned to avoid flying in the summer during the middle of the day. Early morning or late evening works fine. Follow the DJI thermometer guide.

There are overheating threads on the internet where Mini 3s have overheated and shut down whilst sitting powered up but not flying, so it may well be a 'weak' area, try a google and I am sure will find some threads.
Straight from the Specs:
  • Operating Temperature​

Repaid1…just to add to your note. There is always some wiggle room, but, it’s the operator taking the gamble going outside these temperatures. Our car and plane electronics have plenty of protection from the extremes and the majority of drones have little if not none. They have very intricate components jammed into tight quarters and on top of that, demanding lots o electricity…they get hot pretty fast. The question is, what components are most sensitive to the extremes? It just takes one component to act erratically and make your drone fly like ‘The Flight from Hell’

🇨🇦👍

If the weight is no problem then there is a fan that can fit on the underside of the drone to keep it cool.Just go to one of the well known sites and type in DJI mini3 pro accessories
I bought this little fan addition but haven't used it w/ my mini 3 yet. It does provide a nice little air stream when I turn it on. I bought it from Aliexpress.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure