DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Night Shoot Settings Help

phazemonster

Reactions
Hi
I’m new to nighttime video shooting and I was wondering about the recommendations in Pro mode? Shutter 150-24p, ISO 100? And should I have the noise setting at -1 or -2 and sharpen setting ?

thank you for your help

Don't shoot at night. Shoot in twilight. I'll look like night, but there will still be enough "fill" light from the sky to enable you to shoot. Once it's totally dark, it's very very contrasty and won't look as good.

As far as ISO goes, that's up to your tolerance for noise in the image. It's still surprisingly good even at 1600 ISO, IMHO. 24 or 30P and 1/30th sec shutter speed will get you the most exposure per frame.

If you have the software to run it, noise reduction done in post is better than in camera. The former is higher quality, more adjustable and reviewable. The latter is baked in and irreversible. Once the camera obliterates detail with NR, there's no getting it back.

A belly mounted strobe goes a long way to reduce anxiety.

Don't shoot at night. Shoot in twilight. I'll look like night, but there will still be enough "fill" light from the sky to enable you to shoot. Once it's totally dark, it's very very contrasty and won't look as good.

As far as ISO goes, that's up to your tolerance for noise in the image. It's still surprisingly good even at 1600 ISO, IMHO. 24 or 30P and 1/30th sec shutter speed will get you the most exposure per frame.

If you have the software to run it, noise reduction done in post is better than in camera. The former is higher quality, more adjustable and reviewable. The latter is baked in and irreversible. Once the camera obliterates detail with NR, there's no getting it back.

A belly mounted strobe goes a long way to reduce anxiety.
Hi
I’m new to nighttime video shooting and I was wondering about the recommendations in Pro mode? Shutter 150-24p, ISO 100? And should I have the noise setting at -1 or -2 and sharpen setting ?

thank you for your help
10.30 pm last July at Sandown IOW U.K. shot all on auto mini 3 Pro

Attachments

• CEF8769A-084F-4C1A-83C0-9181ABA7500F.png
    CEF8769A-084F-4C1A-83C0-9181ABA7500F.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads