DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 3 PRO PICTURE AND PRICE LEAK FOR UK

Well, my acrobatic aspirations are modest.

What YouTube vids would you recommend for basic acro skill development? If it's structured, with specific exercises, that would be perfect. I've flown acro in full-sized aircraft, so that should help.

Also, I plan to spend at least a week in the limited Manual mode, before going for the max of full Manual.

Based on a recommendation I got elsewhere on this forum, I'll looking at the Liftoff flight sim for the DJI FPV. Would you suggest something other than that?

Thx!

:cool:
I don't recomend the limited mode. It's super weird and you won't learn much from it.

As for drill video, I started out with this one, which explains its theory as well as shows the exercises themselves.

There is a second part to it which I'm using as a guide as we speak, but I recommend mastering this first

With admittedly only a small amount of research, I'm still struggling to understand what the fancy controller brings to the table. Can anyone who has one enlighten me?
The Pro Controller will probably have 1000+ nits sustained brightness (Sustained is important. The few phones that can be that bright will throttle to lower brightness when hot like in sunlight on a hot day). It can possibly provide better wireless performance because of the antennas. Also, it provides a clean HDMI (1080p30fps on the mini 3) out which you can use for connecting to displays or what I would use it for which is connecting it to my computer as a streaming video source with OBS.

Furthermore, some people just don't want to use their phones for flying. Ex. They can take a call and it wont interrupt flight. They want a dedicated kit.

I plan on picking up this package as my first drone, getting my part 107, and using this during a livestream.
Now that the specs are out, I'm very much looking forward to someone doing a head-to-head feature comparison between the Mini-2 and the Mini-3.
It will blow the mini 2 out of the water (or air?). A more apt comparison will be the Mini 3 Pro vs the Air 2S.

Last edited:
Not really. It will just fly like a fast mavic, but with somewhat fixed wing aircraft dynamics, which is boring imo.

The true potential of a qwad can only be unleashed with its traditional controller, which will allow you to fly it any direction at any time and in all orientations, enabling you to do truly amazing maneuvers.

Then it will truly fly like the high powered stone it is and not like a mere airplane.

Ahh, I didn't pick up on that.

What about the other "higher end" DJI controllers? What do they bring to the table?

Thx!
Nice bright screen. Brighter than phones and tablets, except for Clear Sky. Plus, no cables. Just fire it up and go.

Not really. It will just fly like a fast mavic, but with somewhat fixed wing aircraft dynamics, which is boring imo.

The true potential of a qwad can only be unleashed with its traditional controller, which will allow you to fly it any direction at any time and in all orientations, enabling you to do truly amazing maneuvers.

Then it will truly fly like the high powered stone it is and not like a mere airplane.
The mini 3 pro is not for FPV,they have a model for that.
Not fair to compare the two.Me thinks your on the wrong forum

Nice bright screen. Brighter than phones and tablets, except for Clear Sky. Plus, no cables. Just fire it up and go.
Yea, but For the “vision impaired” due to age 🥹 (or other) it’s SMALLER screen size then that of an iPhone MINI.

Definite plus is no cables but a mostly proprietary version of Android.

Has screen brightness or resolution specs been leaked? This could yet turn out to be a lower quality screen as it seems a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Aerophile
Yea, but For the “vision impaired” due to age 🥹 (or other) it’s SMALLER screen size then that of an iPhone MINI.
But it has an HDMI out so you could plug it into a 75" TV if you really wanted to. Portable monitors are reasonable nowadays.

Definite plus is no cables but a mostly proprietary version of Android.

Not really proprietary. They allow 3rd party apps.

But it has an HDMI out so you could plug it into a 75" TV if you really wanted to. Portable monitors are reasonable nowadays.

Not really proprietary. They allow 3rd party apps.

Yea. Gonna carry an HDMI monitor in the field. If I’m using that may as well go for the cheaper rc 😀😀😀

“Not really” proprietary but sorta.

Yet no one still knows the actual specs.

Reactions: Aerophile
Yea. Gonna carry an HDMI monitor in the field. If I’m using that may as well go for the cheaper rc 😀😀😀
I mean yeah something like this would be reasonable to bring. Or this which has 2600 nits brightness. My point being, if anything the pro controller is better for people who can't see well because of this option.

“Not really” proprietary but sorta.

How is it proprietary?

Last edited:
I don't recomend the limited mode. It's super weird and you won't learn much from it.

As for drill video, I started out with this one, which explains its theory as well as shows the exercises themselves.

There is a second part to it which I'm using as a guide as we speak, but I recommend mastering this first
With just a quick glance, that looks like a great vid. I'll definitely work through that before I move to Manual mode.

Please say more about the Limited Manual mode, and why you say it's weird. My expectation is that it will let me get used to the fact that the control sticks do different things than I'm used to, but in a way that won't let me get into too much trouble, too quickly.

Do you believe that's not correct?

Thx!

With just a quick glance, that looks like a great vid. I'll definitely work through that before I move to Manual mode.

Please say more about the Limited Manual mode, and why you say it's weird. My expectation is that it will let me get used to the fact that the control sticks do different things than I'm used to, but in a way that won't let me get into too much trouble, too quickly.

Do you believe that's not correct?

Thx!
I find it weird because it won't let you go upside down, hence limiting what you can do. It's supposed to be like that so you can learn the ropes before you do acro, but to be frank that's what the simulator is for. Also, in the sim you can learn the basics way faster since there's no fear of wreacking the drone on a crash, so you can do crazier stuff.

Reactions: EpicFlight
I find it weird because it won't let you go upside down, hence limiting what you can do. It's supposed to be like that so you can learn the ropes before you do acro, but to be frank that's what the simulator is for. Also, in the sim you can learn the basics way faster since there's no fear of wreacking the drone on a crash, so you can do crazier stuff.
Well, based on that, I'll go ahead and give it a shot!

When I was getting my instrument rating in full-sized airplanes, I did all of my training and currency in real airplanes, even though I could have used stimulators for a good part of it, which would have been a lot cheaper. It just didn't seem right.

Minute for minute, I'd rather be flying in the air, than just on a screen! I have very wide open spaces to practice, and I intend it to be Timid Transition.

Still, I'm going to take a look at a couple of stimulators that I can run on my PC. Ideally, I'm looking for something that I can run on the PC, and use the actual goggles and controller, but I'm not sure that exists.

Thx!

Reactions: Korrd
How is it proprietary?
Try removing DJI FLY (or whatever comes with it). Or finding Google Play Store or Amazon Store without going through a process to add them which is relatively simple but not without some effort for anyone who has never dealt with it before. It's not being sold as an Android Tablet, it's just using a modified Android as an O/S primarily for the drone. Lots of devices out there do that as well like the various streaming sticks. Point is, it's NOT an Android tablet, just an Android based device meant to control a drone/ ANYTHING Android can be hacked with a little effort but it is still considered proprietary.

Well, if the HDMI port is anything like that on the $1200 RC-PRO CONTROLLER there are threads on this forum which say that HDMI port causes lots of LAG to an external device. That being said, if you can deal with a miniscule 5" screen (check out an iPhone MINI which is 5 1/2" as a comparison) that's great. Had they just upped it to 7" it would be perfect (IMO of course). Isssue is if the screen was bigger with those same brightness specs the controller would be WAY more expensive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive