DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro props

basyok

Reactions
I just slightly damaged my original props, and am in the process of changing them out with my spares, so I need to buy a new set to have as spare.

Has anyone tried any aftermarket props? Is there anything out there worth considering or should I just stick to the DJI branded ones?

Last edited:
My Mavic 3 and mini 3 still use the props that were attached new in the box and I have plenty of DJI spare props for both however I have used aftermarket props on my Phantom 3 (brand unknown) and while they have never failed, they feel more brittle than stock props. From everything I have read, only Master Airscrew props are as good if not better than DJI'S but I cannot confirm that.

My Mavic 3 and mini 3 still use the props that were attached new in the box and I have plenty of DJI spare props for both however I have used aftermarket props on my Phantom 3 (brand unknown) and while they have never failed, they feel more brittle than stock props. From everything I have read, only Master Airscrew props are as good if not better than DJI'S but I cannot confirm that.
Yeah, I had Master Airscrew props for my Spark and my Air 2, and they were excellent, but as for the mini 3 pro, from what I've heard the only good reason to get them is for the colours, which I really don't care about.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I just slightly damaged my original props, and am in the process of changing them out with my spares, so I need to buy a new set to have as spare.

Has anyone tried any aftermarket props? Is there anything out there worth considering or should I just stick to the DJI branded ones?
Question. - Are you using that little screwdriver that comes with the mini 3 pro? If so, how is it? I have seen reviews saying it’s not very good, strips screw heads and you can’t get a good torque on it.

Question. - Are you using that little screwdriver that comes with the mini 3 pro? If so, how is it? I have seen reviews saying it’s not very good, strips screw heads and you can’t get a good torque on it.
Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. It got lost in a jumble of little screwdrivers that I have. I also read about people having problems with those screws, and I thought it would be way harder to loosen the screws than it was. I think you just have to make sure that whatever screwdriver you're using, it fits snug, and you go in with a good amount of force, to avoid stripping the head while holding the back of the prop arm firmly. I suspect that some people were being a little half assed about it, and maybe some drones have tighter screws than others.

They certainly could have used a better screw for this though.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. It got lost in a jumble of little screwdrivers that I have. I also read about people having problems with those screws, and I thought it would be way harder to loosen the screws than it was. I think you just have to make sure that whatever screwdriver you're using, it fits snug, and you go in with a good amount of force, to avoid stripping the head while holding the back of the prop arm firmly. I suspect that some people were being a little half assed about it, and maybe some drones have tighter screws than others.

They certainly could have used a better screw for this though.
Thanks for the info. I hope I don’t have to change my props any time soon.

Reactions: basyok and 3rdof5
Had screw problems with the Master Air prop screws, had two broke in the motors, had to send back to DJI , I believe they may have fixed the strength of the screw, but have now decided to stay with the original DJI props and screws. Had no problem with the MA props for my DJI Air 2s.

Reactions: basyok

I’ve used Master Aircrew props on my mini 2 and now my Mini 3 Pro. Never had an issues with them. They seem to be somewhat quieter, especially at altitude. At 100’ and above, they are almost silent (at least to my high mileage ears). Of course, with any props, when they impact something, there are going to be issues. Give them a try. They won’t break the bank if you don’t like them.

Hi, I have had a set of master air screw props on my mini 3 pro for the last four months and have had no problems, they work as well if not better than DJI’s. I always use a little drop of lock tight on each screw when fitting the screw.

I have had a set of master air screw props on my mini 3 pro for the last four months and have had no problems, they work as well if not better than DJI’s
I'm curious. Can you tell us more about how you figured they might work better than OEM DJI props? Is there a way to measure the performance difference?

Reactions: Romi
It is actually quite simple to measure these parameters with stuff you probably have around the house. First off, there are fixed pitch propellers. So changes in power are directly tied to RPM. There are tons of apps for your phone that can perform the tach function via either sound or via the camera. If the DJI propeller runs at a higher RPM it is translating less power to lift, rather as simple as that. Again as to whitch is quieter, my Apple Watch has a built in decibel meter and the phone can download many different sound level apps to directly measure sound level.

I know approaching this problem as an engineer takes all the fun out of arguing online about perception. I am always skeptical about any products that make all sorts of claims, have loads of people to back them, yet fail to provide even the most rudimentary data to back up claims when it is shockingly easy to gather the data. I was a test pilot in the Navy, tested both fixed wing and helicopters, so I had to learn a thing or two about how to set up a test program and what you need to measure. I'd do the test, but I don't have both products to compare. I did the test on an ongoing debate surrounding Enterprise props vs consumer props (which performed identically). Seeing I had both it was a simple to do the testing. So any of you out there can do the same, provided you have both available.

Last edited:
Reactions: claytonc214
It is actually quite simple to measure these parameters with stuff you probably have around the house
@Dogpilot thank you for those details, but I'm not interested in actually doing testing myself. I'm just curious as to how @ecobeech concluded Master Airscrew were a worthwhile upgrade from OEM DJI props.

Mystery to me as well. There is a similar argument in the aircraft world on performance of STOL kits. Again, the kits that are able to provide meaningful improvements have charts and data on take-off roll, climb rate, angle of climb and so on and then there are kits that talk about all kinds of claims, yet fail to provide a single chart that puts the data out in a reproducible manner. Kind of like "Male Enhancement Supplements." Your milage may vary. Personally, I am kind of a hard data please, kind of guy.

I have used MAS stealth and endure rotors with my mavic 2's for over 2 years. Excellent products and still going strong.

Hi, I have had a set of master air screw props on my mini 3 pro for the last four months and have had no problems, they work as well if not better than DJI’s. I always use a little drop of lock tight on each screw when fitting the screw.
I considered loctite. Blue? Or which one? I would worry that it will be that much harder to take the screw off when it becomes necessary. Did you find that you were still able to remove the screws okay if they were loctited in?

I considered loctite. Blue? Or which one? I would worry that it will be that much harder to take the screw off when it becomes necessary. Did you find that you were still able to remove the screws okay if they were loctited in?
I wouldn’t dare put loctite on those screws. You’ll probably strip the screw heads or threads when the time comes to undo them.

Reactions: rp6 and basyok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13