DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Range Test?

I think you mean the DJI RC (New DJI RC with Mini 3). From what I measured, it has only one antenna that can transmit. I never seen in my tests the other transmitting.

Even on the drone I only saw two antennas in transmission but not at the same time. They never switched while it was on in test, the only way to switch the TX was to switch the drone off and on.
But I don't know in flight how it behaves and what makes it prefer one antenna or the other in transmission.

I will do further tests
thank you for that info.

No, not really since the drone has been out for like 3 days.. and there are not that many out there, considering shipping times are weeks or months. Many of the reviewers that DJI sent out beta units to probably are not going to jump on long range flights.. someone will probably do it eventually..
Have seen 2 Asian utube vids today with 5km distance

RC-N1 vs DJI RC comparison on Mini 3. In Cantonese. It is as expected that RC-N1 has stronger transmission signal to DJI RC. Also is appears that Mini 3 can receive stronger signal when the drone is facing away from the remote compare to when facing the remote (antennas is located at rear of the drone maybe???)

Last edited:
I am not good at english. There are some test videos on the bilibili, just for reference. Hope it helps.
8KM(RC N-1 & RC)
14KM, looks like it is flying without FCC
10KM, fly and return

Reactions: Torque
I am not good at english. There are some test videos on the bilibili, just for reference. Hope it helps.
8KM(RC N-1 & RC)
14KM, looks like it is flying without FCC
10KM, fly and return
If i understand correctly 8km was done with RC-N1 its fine

14km , 10 km also with RC-N1 ?

why is the range bad for some users at 1,5 km
I see there are conflicting test results according to the youtube videos

If i understand correctly 8km was done with RC-N1 its fine

14km , 10 km also with RC-N1 ?

why is the range bad for some users at 1,5 km
I see there are conflicting test results according to the youtube videos
There are many reasons for the inconsistencies, it would be hard to list all the possible things that might impair or optimize a range test in a certain location.

The desire to fly excessive distances to me, should not be a deciding factor as to whether a drone is good enough. If it lets you fly in places where you can capture excellent photography and video that the Mini 3 is capable of, one would think that would be enough. Sure one can come up with many other reasons perhaps why getting out 3-4 miles or more is a great thing, its also potentially a great way to lose your drone.

With the RC N1 3000+ (one way), it's about 1100 with the DJI RC. Returned with about 10+ minutes of battery life too on the standard battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-214150.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-214150.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If it lets you fly in places where you can capture excellent photography and video that the Mini 3 is capable of, one would think that would be enough.
One would think.

But then, one would think using motor vehicles to get from one place to another would be enough, and yet there are all these inexplicable people that race them.

Why can't people just conform, and live within the practical limits of the common denominator?

🙄

One would think.

But then, one would think using motor vehicles to get from one place to another would be enough, and yet there are all these inexplicable people that race them.

Why can't people just conform, and live within the practical limits of the common denominator?

🙄
Not sure the analogy really works... but I get the point... I just don't think that flying what is well beyond VLOS is a great idea..

I think the most interesting thing would be if DJI actually came out and showed in a video how they determine the range they put in the specs. However, I will not be holding my breath..

Reactions: macdog
Not sure the analogy really works... but I get the point... I just don't think that flying what is well beyond VLOS is a great idea..
And that's what you think. There are many fellow pilots that feel just the opposite. For this reason, in part, the FAA is developing rules for BVLOS flight.

Try not to be so narrow in your thinking. There are additional risks flying BVLOS, but they can be mitigated. Just because you have no interest doesn't mean others shouldn't be considered.

I took mine out for its 1st flight today, it wont stop raining here in NSW Australia, but it stopped long enough to get 1 flight in today. you have nothing to worry about, connection was fantastic, I did a bit over 1km run and had full bars all the way, could of gone a lot further but storm clouds were coming and i played it safe. when i turned it to come home it lost a couple of bars, but only for a second, I think the new firmware fixed problems those influencer's were having with connections. you can see the utube video I did on my channel, this is the link.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I also did my own little test yesterday. Flew out to 2 km and back. Did start breaking up at 2 km, but it was just a test, and I will most likely never fly that far again. I just wanted to put my mind a bit at ease.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d