DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro shots never possible before on DJI, ideas?

test2000Anafi

Reactions
yes I know, some have never needed this feature, they don’t want it, it’s useless, okay sure that is a valid opinion don’t worry!

this thread however is for creative pilots looking forward to use this feature, to share ideas and possibilities.

myself I have always loved cloud formations. From the ground it was always possible to capture this, so to just take a picture of the clouds above with a drone does not seem that exiting. What I do look forward to is being able to convey scale more without needing to get high in the sky or very far away. Like when shooting an old church up on a hill. Before this was only possible from a birds eye perspective when at close range. Now we can actually fly up the hill with the subject in frame the whole time, moving to a old traditional drone perspective all in 1 shot.

we also don’t need to take in account wind that much anymore when shooting above the horizon, so we have to unlearn “ windy or fast forward motion = gimbal moves below horizon”, which could be hard initially if you are used to flying other DJI drones. Still, it gives more freedom even if you don’t shoot clouds or tall buildings from below the top of the building.

shooting up a cliff while dolly zooming with friends jumping in the ocean/lake will be cool to setup as well I think!

Anyway, what are some shots/subjects never before possible with DJI that you are looking forward to?

• Love
Reactions: Torque
Well I was thinking of using it see under my car , lol

I think there is some merit to be able to see the birds Above me and were getting closer to a rear camera coming one day for that reason alone.

Cinematic shots and Inspection shots do also come to mind and panning up a water fall or a tall building may offer some benefits.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki