DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro

RandallW99

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I just got my mini 3 pro and was updating the firmware for the first time. And during the update the mini 3 powered off twice during the update due overheating im guessing. The drone got pretty warm during that time. Has anyone else had this problem??
I have flown it a couple time since then seems to be ok hasn't dropped out of the sky or anything. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

The update contains a fix for the overheating even so it's best to provide external cooling like a fan of sorts blowing (cool air) over the drone during fw updates to mitigate this issue

So I just got my mini 3 pro and was updating the firmware for the first time. And during the update the mini 3 powered off twice during the update due overheating im guessing. The drone got pretty warm during that time. Has anyone else had this problem??
I have flown it a couple time since then seems to be ok hasn't dropped out of the sky or anything. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.
Yes I have so I use this system, neck fans , put the drone between both fans, cheers Len

Attachments

• 2615DCC5-3369-43C7-87D1-E256A410400A.jpeg
    2615DCC5-3369-43C7-87D1-E256A410400A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
I use a small fan (USB fan I got at a conference) blowing over the drone. Keeps it cool enough that it doesn't complain.

Sometimes the installation of the firmware requires a restart as well.. not sure if this would be the case in this situation.

Reactions: tribar
Do a search here and you'll find some extensive discussions of the overheating issue. Unlike its predecessors, the Mini 3 Pro has no internal cooling fan.

Reactions: YVRGUY
The update contains a fix for the overheating even so it's best to provide external cooling like a fan of sorts blowing (cool air) over the drone during fw updates to mitigate this issue
I did actually start using a box fan while it updates. So far no problems. Hopefully the firmware update help as well. Thank you for the feed back, glade im not the only one that had this issue.

I use a small fan (USB fan I got at a conference) blowing over the drone. Keeps it cool enough that it doesn't complain.
I did start using a box fan I had in the garage. So far so good. Thank you for the sugestion.

Yes I have so I use this system, neck fans , put the drone between both fans, cheers Len
I think it would be better to direct the airflow into the vents at the nose of the drone behind the camera and gimbal. When the drone is in flight, air enters those vents and exits in the slots below the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803