DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 to Category 2?

marinsd

Reactions
I'm working on my Part 107 and wondering if a Mini 3 Pro can qualify for a Category 2 designation if I add propeller guards to it? They (and my 3SM strobe) will push it over .55 lbs, but that wouldn't matter for category 2. Doing the math on a the new weight of approximately 0.61 lb, it would also be well within the 11ft/lb injury risk limit.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with this? Or in how to apply for a MOC?

Reactions: russpury
I'm working on my Part 107 and wondering if a Mini 3 Pro can qualify for a Category 2 designation if I add propeller guards to it? They (and my 3SM strobe) will push it over .55 lbs, but that wouldn't matter for category 2. Doing the math on a the new weight of approximately 0.61 lb, it would also be well within the 11ft/lb injury risk limit.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge with this? Or in how to apply for a MOC?
The manufacturers are the ones that would apply for an OOP DOC.

I do have a waiver application in for that exact combination. I'll pass that along if (when?) I get it. An FAA employ in the waiver office suggested I apply for one. We'll see...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2