DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Leaks

I highly doubt it will be a 2" sensor. Are there some in the market already like that? Especially on the budget end offering?

It's more likely the mini line will go up to 1" with the air and mavic increasing from there.
As good as dJI is a sensor that big,not going to happen,Currently the mavic 3 series has the largest sensor.
Not counting the highest end,cost out of reach drones.

Just utter random guesswork with people after clickbait on youtube based on nothing at all.
The things claimed are abject nonsense.

The Mini 3 has only been out for 7 months and isn't finished yet with firmware.
The Mini 3 non pro isn't even out yet.

There's no way a Mini 4 is coming any time soon, i suspect 2024.

speculation is that this could be a leaked model of perhaps a new design for the Mini 4. No real info other then the pictures that came from the leaker @DealsDrone
I cannot read the logo on top but the side clearly says Mini 4 if that has any value.

Looks interesting and different

screenshot-twitter.com-2022.12.19-11_31_19.png
screenshot-twitter.com-2022.12.19-11_32_01.png
screenshot-twitter.com-2022.12.19-11_32_31.png

That looks like someone mashed up an Avata and a Mini 3 Pro. The battey looks very Avata like, which is quite a bit heavier than the Mini 3 battery. There would have to be a significant weight saving in the drone itself to stay under the 249g limit, which is pretty much the only reason the Mini range exists. Also, the rear obstacle avoidance sensors seem to be obscured the the body of the drone, so not sure how that's supposed to work.

It's an interesting concept, but i'm not sold on the size of the battery, and the arms are a big departure from the old Mavic style that the Mini range grew from.

<250g with 1 inch will just smash it, they understood the priorities here:
  1. Camera (1" horizontal/vertical position)
  2. Battery (much bigger than what we are used to in the mini series)
  3. Obstacle avoidance (compacted as much as possible)
The death of the Air series unless they put a 4/3 to the Air, which will lead to the M3 only advantage being the telephoto, which IMO is a huge advantage because exploration is so much easier.

Pendulum design (2 arms instead of 4) with inverted motors is sexy, but hand catching will be trickier XD

PS: And those renders seem 100% real to me, it's the DJI default render style and materials, and it's not a random design or a concept, it's a final design with accurate details and optimization, this is not a 12 hour sketch, it's a thousand hours design so if it's a fake, the person who made should ask for a job at DJI.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d