DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 pro and meta quest 3

With a phone or pad they have an app that "fakes" it I hear it works well I have never used it.
Doe that work with Android phone only or can it work with the RC Pro [that can side load android apps] (Mavic 3 Pro)?

I have a Quest 3 too :)

OK I made it work , you need a USB c to hdmi capture card and plug it into the quest 3 and as usb c to hdmi cable from the RC2 to capture card , then sideload huge screen vr .

• Love
Reactions: Cafguy
OK I made it work , you need a USB c to hdmi capture card and plug it into the quest 3 and as usb c to hdmi cable from the RC2 to capture card , then sideload huge screen vr .
Hi In2stella, I'm very interested.... Can you please elaborate on how you made this work, which cables you need, and how to 'sideload'.

You can connect it via USB C HDMI output on the RC 2 and the USB C HDMI capture card on the quest. You will also have to install some kind of Android capture application by sideloading an APK file to be able to use that HDMI capture card on the Quest device. It will work, but I don't recommend using Quest for this purpose. Motion controllers will not work outside in the sunlight and you can't use it in a moving vehicle because, as the vehicle rotates, so will you in the virtual environment and you will have to keep resetting the view to keep the picture in front of your eyes. I've also managed to burn my lenses which are very sensitive to direct sunlight by flying my drone with the Quest 2 and just ended up with buying a cheap used DJI Goggles RE that have HDMI input.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney