DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro Feature Comparison

I believe so. There was some marketing going around listing the same part number.

I don't know much about any DJI small drones other than the M3 and phantoms. The Mini4Pro states a camera resolution of 12/48 MP. Which is it? I'll have a hard time believing the actual sensor resolution (and file size) is nearly 2.5 times the 20 MP of my Mavic 3. Why do they state two different specs? Is it user selectable? What is the actual max file size? As a photographer, file size really matters. Thanks for any real explanations.

How any information on on board waypoint vs VSC?

I don't know much about any DJI small drones other than the M3 and phantoms. The Mini4Pro states a camera resolution of 12/48 MP. Which is it? I'll have a hard time believing the actual sensor resolution (and file size) is nearly 2.5 times the 20 MP of my Mavic 3. Why do they state two different specs? Is it user selectable? What is the actual max file size? As a photographer, file size really matters. Thanks for any real explanations.
It is probably the same as the Mini 3 Pro uses, basically a quad bayer system to extract more data per pixel. Think of it as fancy image processing which is sometimes useful, sometimes not.

More details on this thread:

There’s a pilot institute video that ran some text charts and real life photos of the 12 and 48 mp mode (
).

The results are mostly underwhelming since it’s giving the 48mp as the image wo the Bayer filter (I think). The Insta360 X3 plays the same trick to get 72mp shots from its nominal 18mp camera. My experience with the x3 is similar to that of the test above. You get more detail with the higher MP version but it’s noticeably grainy and the net results for an artistic photograph are not really any better. For technical uses, the added resolution can be useful in some cases (resolving bolt heads or facade damage areas in building surveys, for ex).

the Mini 4 pro uses the same props as the Mini 3 pro ,with the very small screw, that goes into the props pivot pin that is attached to the top of the motor
also ,although dimentionally,the batteries cases are the same size,and will fit both drones ,there is a small capasity increase, between the originl Mini 3 pro standard battery and the standard battery supplied with the Mini 4 pro ,the plus batteries are exactly the same in both cases
if you plan on using the Mini 3 pro batteries that you already have ,for the Mini 4 pro,then you will not get as much flight time per battery ,to find out you would have to test both batteries and see what the difference would be

Reactions: NightFlightAlright
It is probably the same as the Mini 3 Pro uses, basically a quad bayer system to extract more data per pixel. Think of it as fancy image processing which is sometimes useful, sometimes not.

More details on this thread:

Thanks Robert. I don't see this sensor being a 'real' 48MP. As a pro photographer, I've been shooting full frame pro bodies since 2003 and currently use medium format digital GFX from Fuji (102 MP). I produce stunning large prints for gallery shows. Obviously my needs for quality are high. I've been using Phantom 4 Pros for years and recently retired them for the Mavic 3. I often shoot rows and columns to create larger file sizes. but still yearn for the quality I am used to. I need to extract every possible bit of goodness from all these inferior drone cameras, and have done so many times. But I think this Mini4 is cute and I would leave it in my vehicle for spontaneous opportunities. I can try to adjust my expectations and hope I can succeed. Still deciding if I want to throw over a grand at it.

My Photo site: www.jeffreysipress.com

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pinballwiz86
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.