DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro ND Filter

dan.utinske

Reactions
What are the best ND Filters for the Mini 4 Pro? Along the same line of questions, does the ND Filters for Mini 3 Pro work on the Mini 4 Pro? I'm just unboxing my new drone tonight.

I found the Freewell filters to be solid quality for the Mini 3 Pro. I've had Polar Pro for my Mavic 2 Pro. They are superior. From all I have read, the Freewells might not compete with Polar Pro for all drones, but on the minis, they appear to be as good or better. I have the Freewells on order for my mini 4 pro.

Reactions: Landshark99
I’m a fan of freewell

ND filters from the M3P “WILL NOT fit the M4P”. They look like they should but the pin configurations are different. I know this because I have both drones.

Reactions: NoBozos
What are the best ND Filters for the Mini 4 Pro? Along the same line of questions, does the ND Filters for Mini 3 Pro work on the Mini 4 Pro? I'm just unboxing my new drone tonight.
As already answered mini 3 won't fit 4 only nd filters available are the 3 set from dji freewell have some coming later in the month and sure everyone else is busy making sets

Skyreat has a set and mine are scheduled to arrive between 18 and 27 October.

SKYREAT ND Filters Set for DJI Mini 4 Pro Accessories,6 Pack-(CPL, UV, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64)​

Skyreat has offered promotional discounts on this site.

Reactions: robertallen
Just got tracking info on my Freewell filter order. They are coming Fedex from China. Will be here in three days. I should be so lucky with shipping in the USA!

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Got mine today too (a day earlier than the tracking info predicted). I didn't fly the drone (rain!), but I did put one of the filters on to test the fit. It was good.

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Got mine today too (a day earlier than the tracking info predicted). I didn't fly the drone (rain!), but I did put one of the filters on to test the fit. It was good.
Agree fit perfectly going to try it out tomorrow

I have been a fan of Freewell but I prefer the offering of Skyreat with a CPL and UV in the same group. Soon it will be cold enough to fly with snow ( I don't do that until it gets down to around 0F) and I prefer to have a UV filter protecting the lens in the event of hard blowing snow. I don't use a CPL often but I want one available and Skyreat has a package with both so I'll go with them...that assumes I'll keep my Mini 4 Pro. I just returned the first one and we'll see if the camera on this new one is acceptable. Just opened it yesterday and will wait for some clear sky to test it.

While I have a full set , I almost exclusively use my K&F variable ND. It is 1 to 5 stops, and because it works by rotating one polarized filter against another, it also performs as a CPL.

I also have a K&F 5 to 10 stop, which I have yet to use, but seems like it’d be good for daytime time-lapse.

I have a Newer set for my mini 2 (I think) they are also decent, but the K&F is the one I’d call professional grade…

IMO, when dealing with photography drones, the places to not scrimp and to not be cheap:

Camera filters (tiny cost savings are not worth image quality issues)

Drone batteries (ka boom)

Propellers (why did the drone crash?)

While I have a full set , I almost exclusively use my K&F variable ND. It is 1 to 5 stops, and because it works by rotating one polarized filter against another, it also performs as a CPL.

I also have a K&F 5 to 10 stop, which I have yet to use, but seems like it’d be good for daytime time-lapse.

I have a Newer set for my mini 2 (I think) they are also decent, but the K&F is the one I’d call professional grade…

IMO, when dealing with photography drones, the places to not scrimp and to not be cheap:

Camera filters (tiny cost savings are not worth image quality issues)

Drone batteries (ka boom)

Propellers (why did the drone crash?)
Any idea when the K&F will be available for the Mini 4 Pro?

What are the DJI ND filters like?
They seem to be decent value at £40 UK
And when would you use the CPL filter? All the time except when using a 16 or 32 on sunny days?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne