DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07 and Torque
Ordered from Amazon in the UK. Should be with me tomorrow.

Reactions: msinger
I don't see a way to order in the US yet. It looks like orders won't be available until 8 PM ET.

Reactions: boldblue737
Filters from Mini 3 Pro don't work on the 4 according to Original Dobo. Props and batteries will. The guy that bought my Mini 3 Pro will be happy. He'll get a complete set of filters for free :) and soft case that I didn't think of giving him.

Very strange to drop the release and not let you pre-order it right away
Agreed. They haven't done this before.

It is available for purchase in some locations right now (like the UK).

They kill me with the highlights of the drone flying through the woods, I think that is to push the Refresh as fast as possible. .lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

Reactions: Jack in Dixie
Anyone know if these will be on store shelves this week?
I’m trying to get one for my vacation but the Canadian delivery date is showing Oct 9 which is too late for me.

I don't see a way to order in the US yet. It looks like orders won't be available until 8 PM ET.
I went ahead and ordered from Best Buy around 10am. Same price as DJI, delivery estimate is tomorrow 9/26. I'm pretty excited - I'm upgrading from a Mini so it should be quite a jump for me.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Why 8 est time? I've never been around on release day so is this the way they always do it?

BTW if you order from DJI.com where does it ship from?
For most people it ships from CA. For me it ships from China which I swore I would never do again. I totally forgot that. We'll see what happens.

if/when the finances allow i may update to one of these. 20Km range? amazing!
FWIW, I saw a line-of-sight test that showed the signal fading/weak signal notification at 6.3km. As a Part 107 US flyer, I'm not sure how I could keep an unaided line of sight from the control station to this drone that far out (and I have 20/12 vision), but it's nice to get better link margin regardless.

Why 8 est time? I've never been around on release day so is this the way they always do it?

BTW if you order from DJI.com where does it ship from?
Consider yourself lucky you weren't around when the original Mavic Pro was released. DJI took our money as early as September 2016, but didn't start sending out the drones until after Thanksgiving. Most folks didn't see theirs until well into December 2016. Some unlucky few didn't see their drones until 2017. That was quite the fiasco.

FWIW, I saw a line-of-sight test that showed the signal fading/weak signal notification at 6.3km. As a Part 107 US flyer, I'm not sure how I could keep an unaided line of sight from the control station to this drone that far out (and I have 20/12 vision), but it's nice to get better link margin regardless.
Just sent mine out over totally open air to the acropolis in Greece, it is 3.8km drive from where I’m sitting so probably much shorter directly and I went down to 0 bars of signal when reaching the acropolis. No full disconnect, but these seem like pretty ideal conditions with no obstructions so im not sure where you can get the advertised 20km range.

A pic of my direct view where I launched from attached.

EDIT: added a couple pics from the video I got, pretty please with it less the pathetic range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8084.png
    IMG_8084.png
    5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8081.png
    IMG_8081.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8082.png
    IMG_8082.png