DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro weights for Drone and Batteries

Just out of interest, how strict is the 250g limit? If a stobe light was stuck on a mini 4 pro, that took it to a couple of grams over the 250g, would that be a life-in-prison type offence? Surely, even one of those skins you can get could take it just over 250g. If it is that strict, it's a shame they didn't get it down to say 240g with a standard battery, just to allow some room to play. Maybe I'd just have to take the Operator ID sticker off to compensate :)
Nope. I'm over 250g & don't think FAA really cares. They have more important thing to be bothered with, imo

Nope. I'm over 250g & don't think FAA really cares. They have more important thing to be bothered with, imo
Let's hope the CAA in the UK is equally uninterested! I guess, until such a case arises though, we'll never really know. I'm assuming our average UK plod won't be carrying a calibrated set of scales with him/her/them anyway. So, maybe (unlikely I know) common sense may prevail, on their part.

Let's hope the CAA in the UK is equally uninterested! I guess, until such a case arises though, we'll never really know. I'm assuming our average UK plod won't be carrying a calibrated set of scales with him/her/them anyway. So, maybe (unlikely I know) common sense may prevail, on their part.
I can just picture them "cracking down" on folks flying drones flying 2+ grams over limit.
So, they'll see a drone in the sky, put on the flashing lights & siren as they're coming your way. Then they'll slam you on the police car with handcuffs and pull out their handy electronic gram scale to weigh your mini drone. Then they'll say, "you're going to prison, your mini drone is 3 grams over the required limit.

Hhmm, I guess that'll make sense in some countries. Maybe here in usa, as well, where the leftwing democommies live.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor